Seven days of sanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seven days of sanity

Been following this program as closely as I can for a week. I start phase two - as outlined in the book - of the Topamax dosage today. Been exercising a LOT every day, eating the Jay Robb diet (my twist on this, but I must say I believe it goes well with this), taking the supplemements, drinking more water, avoiding white rice, breads, potatoes and pasta, avoiding sugar, sleeping well, and getting up early.

So far, so good.
    "It takes a whole lot of medicine, Darlin', to pretend to be somebody else" - Bonnie Raitt

Seven days of sanity

Sounds fantastic, well done seven days is a great start, keep it up.
    Suz
    Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Seven days of sanity

Rebel, good for you.
      Keep up the good work, it helps all of us to hear about your success.
      Meow-Meow
      MonaKitty

Comment

Seven days of sanity

(((Rebel)))

Wow I admire you.:goodjob: I don't think I could change my diet AND quit drinking. Well done!

Comment

Seven days of sanity

Hi Rebelicious!
          Wowza!! My goodness, you've quit drinking and made all those adjustments to your diet as well??
          I have tried to give myself a big break for the first month and told myself ' just take the supps, topa and DONT DRINK, that's all you have to do', however, I have been thinking about my caffiene levels (which have just gone up,up,up) and my sugar intake (up and up too).

So I am at 28 days AF........I have read a few books that outline the ways in which sugars in general (which is a large part of alcohol ) in bread, pasta etc effect your blood sugar and cravings. Caffiene can do this as well.
          Your body must be a temple Rebel. Have you felt a huge difference?? Have you cut the caffiene too??? Phew, soon I am going to give it a go, but man, I reckon I am gonna get one heck of a withdrawal headache.

Well done.

Amelia
          Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Seven days of sanity

I still have a coffee every day - I just put Splenda in it

My body's no temple - but I'm working on it. I turned to all of this out of desperation, really. And I've been cutting back on stuff VERY gradually - and that's including caffeine.

Personally, I couldn't do anything cold turkey. I've tried, and it NEVER has worked for me. I had to wean down on stuff - that's just me.
            "It takes a whole lot of medicine, Darlin', to pretend to be somebody else" - Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Seven days of sanity

:goodjob: Rebel,

Well done on your great start. I need to follow your example and sort my diet out. I thought I'd lose weight but I've been sugar crazy since I started to modify my drinking.

Mind you I'd rather be a little overweight than put myself and my loved ones through the nightmare I was before.

Kitty
              Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
              Confucius

Comment

Seven days of sanity

There are some very convincingly sweet alternatives to sugar out there - not just Splenda, but more importantly, the sweet herb STEVIA and AGAVE nectar.

Also, I gave up sugar a little bit at a time, and it took a while. I used to live on it.

Comment

Seven days of sanity

Way to go Rebel. I think sugar is a little down the road for me. But it does need to be done.
                  bear
                  What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                  ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Working...
                  X