Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please help,model turned alcoholic and an embarresment to my baby girl

Hi Bimble,

I can relate very well to what you have said about lack of self care and not showering as examples, all part of the self-loathing and low self-esteem I feel.

When I think about this tendency I can equate it with not wanting to waste limited resources onn myself! What is all that about I wonder.

More people than we care to know I feel have had very challenging upbringings. To some extent I feel that when we have that sort of awareness there is in a sense a larger picture or perspective that is calling to us to be strong to break these patterns for our children and future generations.

I am speaking as much to myself here as to you.

I am certainly finding that writing/blogging is very helpful, even if it's just a line or two it feels less lonely then.

This is day 3 for me, and typically the day where I cave in! That is not going to happen this time because I can see more clearly the patterns and have a better understanding of that.

Just two days; reading, writing and being supported has made all the difference. What I am trying to say that even after as little as two days I, and you can too, feel so much stronger. Kanu (I hope I got the name correct) said that the first week is the hardest so this first week is very much a day by day for me.

But it all seems very possible with the support here and writing how I feel and experience things, it takes away the feelings of isolation. Isolation is a prison where we become our own jailer turning toward the wall rather than seeing the open door to freedom that was always there for us we just did not see it.

Courage! If I can, you can.

:h
    AF - 26th January 2014, SF - 10th February 2014

Comment

hopefully going to not have a drink tonight!! bit worried already tho!! got my tomato juice and camomile tea in ready,heres to day 1 xx

Comment

good on you Bim you can do this did you get my pm ??
        AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Comment

bimble01;1619610 wrote: hopefully going to not have a drink tonight!!
          Change this up a bit to: NOT going to have a drink tonight!

There you go! You CAN do this!
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I totally agree with Bimble it is amazing how just one day can turn your whole perspective around! I took an excersise class yesterday for the first time in awhile and I felt so much better afterwards just because I had accomplished what I set out to do. Maji, you will feel more in control and better able to handle all the cravings if you can just succeed at some small goals remember ODAAT.

Comment

i didnt poppy,will try and find it now x

Comment

im wanting to reply to poppy and available!!on pm..i cant see how to do it,will try on mphone,ive done ok!! going up to bed,bit anxious usually just pass out!! lol xx

Comment

Good I hope you sleep, bed, PJs and a dvd are my tips for staying safe.

You sound so similar to me except I wasn't a model and there wasn't a line of alcoholics in the family BUT there is OCD/Strong drivers in our personalities which I believe makes us susceptible to addiction.

Once you get rid of alcohol you'll be able to sort the other things, it takes time but one day at a time is all you need. One day becomes 2 becomes 3, becomes 4, 5, 6 then a week and so on.
                  I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

To send a pm bim click on the name of the person you want to send it too and it will come up with a drop down that you can choose send a pm from. Hope you are doing well tonight.
                    AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Comment

Hi Bim, hope you had an af day and are feeling okay. Please let us know how you are going?
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi Bimble. Just wanted to check in and let you know that I'm thinking of you. We are on in different time zones so it's quite late now in your world. I hope you are sleeping well. Keep us posted. Wishing you well on Day 2! You can do this.
                        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Working...
                        X