im new but wore out!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im new but wore out!!

Im 43 and at the end of my rope. I have felt so alone for so long that this page is a light in my darkness. I have been battling and succumbing to addiction for 25 yrs of my 43 . This page gives me hope because as I sit here with 15 stitches in my hands from a "fall" and wishing this dumb ass journey of my life would hurry the hell up I see light. A small sweet growing light.:new:

im new but wore out!!

Hi Nana and welcome to MWO. It is great that you feel this way in giving up al. Giving up is a battle also but one that we can win. Like you i have been a drinker since 18 but truly went downhill in the past ten years. One to two bottles a night, 7 days a week, 52 weeks of the year, 365 days. Choosing to stop was the start of me winning against al and sticking to it when i did not think i could is another.

Follow that light and you will feel so much better being sober. I hope your hand is okay, thats a lot of stitches!
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

im new but wore out!!

Nana...welcome.

Yep I too had 23 years of self imposed hell.

I say self imposed cos I wouldn't seek the help to stop and stopping was nowhere near as hard as I feared.

Hop into newbies nest and join others early in their quit.

Read read read ( toolbox is awesome at the start) and, as or maybe more, importantly...post post post.

Comment

im new but wore out!!

Hi NanaT - welcome to MWO. It has been my step to freedom for the past six days. You have made a fantastic choice to come here - so much comfort and safety. I visit the Newbie Nest multiple times a day. Especially when I'm feeling down. Hope to see you there. Take care of the hand. ( I've got a nice little reminder of a fall in the shower while drunk - right under my nose! That was 4yrs ago but not enuf to make me stop.). The time for me is now - I will help you too any way I can. Will check back tomorrow. :welcome:
        Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

im new but wore out!!

:welcome: I was so glad to find MWO. It changed my life. I was so tired of the repeated drinking, hungover, lothing myself pattern. I know how you feel.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

im new but wore out!!

Hi Nana, welcome to MWO! Youre in the right place if you want to start a new journey in your life. Be ready to read lots, learn and experience lots. So many people here with the same illness and have gotten sober wit lots of work. You can do this!
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

im new but wore out!!

Thank You so much everyone!!! I feel so welcome and with family.

Comment

Working...
              X