Bite on my bum !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bite on my bum !!!

Good afternoon all rain rain and more rain here. Back home early form the new job al related I am sorry to say !!!!. I lost my licence a few years back for a al related offence I am ashamed to admit. The agency who had set up the job had not fully informed my new employer of the offence so I had to go explain the whole ebarassing circumstamce and story to the manager this morning who then had to call HR to see if it was all ok . I now have to go to a panel in 2 weeks time and will work under supervision until then. I was mortified as thought all this had been green lighted before today. Chose to come home early today to re align myself . So so so mad with myself my stupid drunken mistake 8 years ago will never be in the past On a positive note I bought myself a bar of chocolate and some cake to cheer myself up not a bottle of wine, makes me even more determined to remain af and can go back in tomrrow and start again the only real damage was a knock to my self esteem and the drunken past coming back to bite me on the bum !!
    AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Bite on my bum !!!

Hi Poppy!
    We all have drunken pasts that come back to bite us! We can't change the past, but we can focus on the future and not making the same mistakes. If you've learned from your experiences, then you are already ahead of the game. Some people NEVER learn! Good luck with the job. Will you be able to stay strong in that environment? Let us know how everything goes!
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Bite on my bum !!!

Hey Poppy, I'm not sure what field you are in but I have a friend who is an RN and she got reprimanded for an alcohol infraction. It was horrible all the things they made her do. I know she is in the health field and it is very important that someone is not buzzed while working but it seemed like they went to the extremes to punish and belittle her. She is working now but it did take years for it all to be straighten out. I feel really bad when someone is trying their hardest to right a wrong and it just keeps following them around. You are doing so well and have 58 amazing days! Good for you getting some cake, so much better than drowning in alcohol. Here's wishing you a great day tomorrow!

Comment

Bite on my bum !!!

I feel the same way. I am considering looking for a new job and terrified what will come up about a DUI and lost license from something I did two years ago
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Bite on my bum !!!

Hi guys I work in social care so I always have to have an advanced police check which will remain on my record for life and always come up. I have had a quick snooze and am trying to see what happened as a positive to remain sober and a lesson for the future to ensure that it has been addressed before I start a job in the future. It was very upsetting and a bit of a shock to have to be confronted with it on day when especially when I am doing my best to remain sober and look to the future .

Mama Bear I know how you feel we are so blinking stupid the things we do because of drink and then have to live with, but its done so need to use it as a positive not go go back to the drinking days. I dont know what field you work in or how it works in the US for criminal checks but my view is give it a shot I will pm you xx
          AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Comment

Working...
          X