Trying to decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to decide

Hi MR, Avail, Byrdie and WW - I'll bring the pizza. MR, I think you made the right decision. Great advice from WW too.

Today was good for me - I ran a bunch of errands and it felt good to be out.

Estranged husband (ES from here on) comes tomorrow am with a truck to move his stuff to his new place 100 miles away. Feeling strong about it right now but I have been on an emotional roller coaster for days.

But I will not drink. I'm using the Velcro tonight!
    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Trying to decide

Hi Winter and MaryLou. Nice to hear from both of you. I don't think we've had a chance to chat yet, but nice to meet you both. I decided not to go. Partly because I'm bluesy right now, but mostly because I didn't want to put myself into a dicey situation. I'm really not that upset about it. One day, I will be strong enough, but for now, being home and cozy is more fun than being out with people at a bar and white-knuckling it. I have been there, and it's no fun.

Marylou, I am sorry to hear about your situation. Separation/Divorce is very difficult. Hang in there. I'm always just a PM away if you need to talk.
      Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Trying to decide

MS there will always be a spare room for you or anyone else wanting to visit the lovely land of Aus. Glad you made the right decision and now we can have our own little party and byrd of course you are always invited to any event we hold. Bluesy and boozy are not a good mix at any time. I am a homebody too and i like my own company and i have my two boys living with me (20 and 25) so there is always someone around and they are pretty well always drinking but i dont have any inclination to drink which is strange as i did my best drinking time at home. Its in the fridge but it can stay there.

Winter hello, you are doing so well now, challenges are a part of life but we need to avoid some to stay strong and af and god af is so much better than being blind drunk and hungover. I so dont want to be back there again.

ES 100 miles is good and remember we seem to drink at people and its us that suffer not them. I would like thin base please as i am not a real pizza eater and do actually love a good vegetarian one. You are doing so well now, i am of the opinion now that no one is worth me drinking at all and i am protecting my quit with every bit of being i have. Never have i gone 9 weeks without a drink and fark it feels so good. Im still lazy and unmotivated and have gained a few kilos but better than a drunkard who hates herself and life and my children and i are communicating so much better now that i am not ashamed to be their mum.

God im waffling again. its this "brutal" heat (weathermans saying WTF) which i will blame.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Trying to decide

Thank you MR - and it's nice to meet you too. I've been reading the "You know you're an alike" thread for a couple of hours. It's funny, sad and much of it all to familiar but helped through the evening.

I'm glad you decided not to go tonight - like Byrdie and Lav say, we need to protest our quit with our life.

I'll be posting tomorrow for sure. Time for bed. Have a warm, cozy, AF night. Yeah-we made it another day. :l
          Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Trying to decide

Protect!!! Not protest. :H
            Mary Lou

Comment

Trying to decide

How did you get on?
              Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Trying to decide

Softy - I didn't go. I wasn't feeling strong enough so I decided to stay home and stay safe. Maybe next time. Anyway, I am sure that I blew my chance to be friends with some of these people, and that makes me sad. But, I doubt I would have been good company last night. This was the better decision. Plus, I got a great night's sleep. Now, I'm going to make some fresh juice, and watch the sun come up. I've definitely turned into a morning person

Comment

Trying to decide

I am proud of you. It takes a hell of a lot of guts to look deep inside and make that call. You could have taken the chance but chose not to, well done you!

The decision you took was the harder option in my view and shows awareness and determination.

You are the weekend's true hero:goodjob:
                  Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

Trying to decide

Just read this, Moss. Sorry I missed the pizza party and sappy films last night!
                    I think you made such a good decision-- coming here to ask for advice/help ahead of a worrisome event was smart. It shows you are in the right mindset for staying AF. I hope I do the same the next time I find myself in that boat.

Comment

Trying to decide

So glad you made that decision. I still don't like going into bars. Besides the people really interested in you will still feel the same way.:goodjob:
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Trying to decide

Life - we'll have another no makeup, pizza party, sappy chick-flick night soon, and you are definitely invited. LB - always a pleasure to hear from you. Yep - totally happy with my decision. I just got a text from one of the people who went last night complaining about how "hungover" she is today. Oh boy, so glad it's not me!!!!!

Comment

Trying to decide

Well done MossRose, big decision made with eyes wide open - you must be feeling very good about yourself, SL
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Trying to decide

Im glad the GSR Brothers took somebody else home! I got sick of waking up with those 3! Hope you are feeling stronger today! Xo, B.
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                            X