Day 2 taper joy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 2 taper joy!

Hey all, I'm new posting here- been lurking for awhile. I'm on day 2 of tapering (from 30+ beers a day down to 15) and it's miserable. For all who have been there I want to commend you on your strength. From experience day 2 is the worst IMO. Shakes, sweat, insomnia, and oddly nightmares (when I do get to sleep for an hour or two), nausea, anxiety to the point of pure terror,etc. A few thoughts of ending my life, but that's not really my style (luckily). To add to it all, I had recently lost my job and just started a new one. No girl, no money and my mother resents me. Talk about stress! (triggers). I'm strong and have made it through many trials in my life, but I must say this is the toughest. I don't want anyone to freak out and think I'm suicidal or something but death seems like a sweet release from this torment. Fixing my life seems much harder but like a better idea. Any advice would be appreciated.

Day 2 taper joy!

You may need some medical help for this detox. There is no shame in trying to get well! Please let us know how you are doing throughout the day if you can. All the best to you today! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Day 2 taper joy!

I also am on day 2 …and yes the nerves are shaky but have a lot of tension going on in my life so i am going to take it slowly ……don't have any wine in the house which is my monkey on my back ….but have been know to go to town to go and buy it when the craving kicks in
      so will just get through to-day thanks

Comment

Day 2 taper joy!

Sending you a huge hug across cyber space.... I have been where you are and know how you feel. The tapering thing can be hell but when large amounts are consumed daily it is perhaps the safest way.

Totally understand about the nightmare thing..... I am not tapering now, off that daily treadmil, thank God, but if i drink one night and then not the next i have nightmares.
        New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Day 2 taper joy!

Hi please post here often to get support. Welcome.
          AF since 10/20/2013
          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
          Meat free since 09/20/2008
          ---------------------------------------
          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Day 2 taper joy!

TF3030
            Please post and let us know how you are doing. While suicide may not be your cup of tea, you mentioned it twice in an otherwise short post. Like Byrdie I agree you might need some help detox. It can be serious and if you have any doubt you should get to a Doc. Hope you are doing well.
            Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Day 2 taper joy!

Thank you all for your support. I can't get a doc or medical help as I am broke as a joke lol. I'm doing my detox in house and I have my cat to make sure I'm ok. To TJAF I didn't mean to sound so melodramatic with my mention of death and it was inappropriate. It's not my intention to die, but merely a thought I had...a few times. I think we all know how hard this process can be so sometimes the thought occurs. I do have some help in the form of lorazepam but it seems to make me ill. As I post this I am on drink 7 for the day. Withdrawal is kicking me in the ass! I can't sleep, can't eat and barely have the will to move. Tomorrow will be better

Comment

Day 2 taper joy!

I would also like to add that alcoholism is not a disease, it is a lifestyle choice. We all have aspects of our life that we would like to disappear. Beer, liquor or wine (whatever your drink of choice is) seemingly resolve this issue...until the next day when said problems are right back in your face. Then you realize that you haven't solved the problem, you've merely made it worse. To me, alcohol always brought me strength and courage. Meeting new friends or talking to that attractive woman across the bar. I realize now that I could walk my own path all along and that my true weakness was I convinced myself my leg was broken, so I always used a crutch. For a long time his name was Evan

Comment

Working...
                X