desperately need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

desperately need help

I'm finishing about a 3 week drinking spree. Today is my first day. The anxiety and depression is overwhelming. On the advice of a friend I picked up some nyquil to help me come down. I'm shaking and sweating constantly when I'm not vomiting. If anyone can off some advice I would greatly appreciate it.

desperately need help

Welcome Ivan

Find the toolbox in monthly abstinence and post in newbies nest.

How much we're you drinking? Are you doing this alone?

Comment

desperately need help

I'm not a doctor, so I am not sure what advice to give, but be careful ok? If you are a heavy drinker your body can really react strongly and I have heard it is very dangerous not to be supervised in some way. Is anyone nearby who you can reach out to until you are out of the danger zone?
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

desperately need help

I was drinking about 20 beers/day and yes I've been alone. I've had friends attempting to intervene and my parents have been freaking out. I'm terrified that I'm not going to be able to stop. I also haven't eaten in a few days.

Comment

desperately need help

Hi Ivan, sorry you are going through this. I am not a medical professional, but this doesn't sound too good. If you could get to a docs that would probably be best. I don't think Nyquill is a good idea, it contains alcohol as well as acetominabphin, which can damage the liver in large quantities. If you are desperate enough, you may be tempted to over use it which wouldn't be good for your liver.

In my opinion, most people can detox on their own.... This sounds like a different story. More people should be around to offer advice. Hang in there.

Comment

desperately need help

I'm thinking about flying back home to be with family and friends for a while.

Comment

desperately need help

Ivan, if you're worried, scratch that, you sound worried. Can you get to a hospital? Or at least call for advice.
              As June said, it can be risky. Have you been through withdrawals before?

Comment

desperately need help

I probably should go to a doctor

Comment

desperately need help

Ya I've done this before. Far more frequently than I want to admit. I've just never been so serious about stopping before.

Comment

desperately need help

Get to the doctors
                    Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

desperately need help

I'm having trouble getting out the door. This is a nightmare

Comment

desperately need help

You said you've done this before. Do you feel you're able to get through detox alone then? And BTW I'm so glad you've found your way here, we have all been on day one and we want to help.
                        Newbies Nest
                        Toolbox
                        My accountability thread

Comment

desperately need help

Out the door? Physically or mentally? Is there anyone at all nearby or maybe you want to call 911?
                          Newbies Nest
                          Toolbox
                          My accountability thread

Comment

desperately need help

I'm having trouble just getting out the door. This is a nightmare

Comment

desperately need help

I don't want to call 911. I just want/need this to stop

Comment

Working...
                              X