Newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here

:new: I posted my first posting on Families of addicts. I'm very glad I found this...hoping to get some support and answers for my sweet husband who is struggling so much. And for myself . I read Dr. A's book several years ago, and my husband was open to trying Bac. but his doctor was resistant to the dosage. Have things changed that way in the medical community in he US?
    BTW, I found this forum by trying to contact Dr. A, and was glad to see so many people had found his research and story, but was saddened to see that he had passed.
    Thank you.

Newbie here

Hi rikkid, this place is a great support place - even you stumbled on it by accident. I have stopped using AL myself and i am supporting my husband now. His doctor is not opened to prescribe anything like Bac, - but he is going to therapist and AA meetings. I hope you get advise here about medications here.
    AF since 10/20/2013
    Smoke free since 09/24/2007
    Meat free since 09/20/2008
    ---------------------------------------
    With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbie here

Hi rikkid,
      That is wonderful that your husband has such a great support. Has he talked about getting the help he needs? I know you talked about Bac, and there is a meds section where more people may be able to help you in the area. Is he open to doing what he needs to get better? Could he sign on and read posts for awhile, lurk and see how many people are successful here? Anyhow, welcome!
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
      X