The first time in two weeks.. Grr!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can i say? Been af for almost two weeks, be default, due to a serious illness i had two weeks ago. Thought i might as well keep going.

Have been feeling pretty good and level headed and have had no intention of drinking.. Till tonight.

Am feeling stodgy and tired from work, so perhaps that has something to do with it. Weird thing is, i don't really feel like alc per se, but it's the lack of closeness to another human being, and wanting to pass through this hideous lonely feeling that is making me want to fill the space and drink.

Ah hum, might pop out and get some take away food and see how i feel.

Hope everyone's healthy and happy!
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Hi Change, two weeks is really good and you know you can do it again.

We all seem to hide away when we drink, i know i did and i still do but i make it a point if i feel the urge for a drink to come on here and read and post. Get rid of all the al out of the house, temptation is never a good idea.

Keep positive, its a step back but you can step forward with not drinking, in more ways than one.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi Change,
      Let's get this! Two weeks is a great chunk of AF time. Now, with those thoughts (oh boy, I get that) my new manta is:

No matter how I feel, I will not drink.
      No matter what happens, I will not drink.

I said it over and over this morning after looking over my gratitude list, Give that a try!
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

I'm angry right now and just need to get this out before I scream. What kind of an FWad tells his wife, whom he left three weeks ago, he wants to "recommit" to the marriage and moves back in before he breaks up with his girlfriend?! A******! But I will NOT drink. Ugh!
        Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks girls!

I didn't end up drinking last night and was extremely THANKFUL for it this morning.

Today i bought a whole lot of takeaway food home for dinner, which i pigged out on. One thing at a time. Next stop, sugar and ciggerettes.

Marylou, i hope you kicked his butthole to the curb. He's not worth ruining your health over, don't do it hey.
          One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Good work Change. I am not worrying about my weight or anything as yet except not drinking. The rest will fall into place. Ciggies are a must do this year but i still need one addiction to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I totally agree Mary, the grass is never greener on the other side and would he be only using you for a place to stay maybe? Say no to the Fwad and think of yourself. No one is worth drinking AT.

Comment

available;1623923 wrote: but i still need one addiction to keep me on the straight and narrow.
              Yeah, im the same. Everyone keeps asking why im all of a sudden smoking, and im like "i dont know", when really i do!

Comment

i am starting to slow down a bit. god i was like a chimney before but hey my liver was feeling happy, now i just have to get my lungs to feel the same. I am going to Thailand in April so after that as smokes are so cheap there! Then there will be no excuse!

Did you only just start?

Comment

i swapped to an ecig a few years ago. took some fiddling about and trying different one online but now i dont smoke at all.
                  i know you cant get nicotine liquid in aus which is a bitch, but maybe try getting one to replace some fags. dont get the crappy ones though, they will put you off.

Comment

available;1623935 wrote: i am starting to slow down a bit. god i was like a chimney before but hey my liver was feeling happy, now i just have to get my lungs to feel the same. I am going to Thailand in April so after that as smokes are so cheap there! Then there will be no excuse!

Did you only just start?
                    Ive been an on again, off again smoker my whole life, however went through a big chunk of time where i did not touch one! Ive been a bit three months on, three months off lately. Only smoke up to six or seven per day, had three yesterday, so a semi light smoker at the oment. Still addicted though and get the cravings!

Comment

God i wish i could do that, all or nothing for me. I have the e-cigarette, the patches, the spray but not the motivation. I am waiting for the switch to switch but there is a smoking site on the net that i have joined, just have not looked.

Comment

Yeah, it is about that switch.

Comment

Available - I quit using Chantix. It was a miracle for me, as a matter of fact when I was taking it I didn't want to drink too, reduces the desire to drink a LOT. Have you heard to it?
                          AF since 10/20/2013
                          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                          Meat free since 09/20/2008
                          ---------------------------------------
                          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Working...
                          X