How to--one day at a time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK---Now at 3 weeks sober---Time to up the anti.

Im feeling pretty good but not great. Like I mentioned in my first post here.....Im trying to think of one or two things each day--even the tiniest...that will inch me toward a full and solid recovery.

Today---Im gonna stop smoking...it must be a huge trigger and the benefits of a week of the blahs must be worth it. Secondly, Im gonna fast and juice cleanse for the week and see how the mood is come next Sunday. Never been without food for a week......dont need to lose weight......but I wonder if this cleanse crap ( pardon the pun lol) will aid in total body toxin removal.

The experts say remove the toxins and moods improve. OK then...we shall see in a week I suppose.

Im slowly getting to the point where Im not counting days nor am I "wishing" I'd be at 60--or 90 or 100 days. The fact is Im just sooooo darn thankful that I am sober today...with no craves...even though I have a momentary..." well?....what would a couple stiff ones be like right now?...FORGET IT!...The green way is the path to peace..which I want

THATS WHY THE SMOKES ARE GOING TOO..SAME BULLSHIT!!

Comment

Wow, Lead! Those are some huge goals. If that works for your hooray! I just wanted to mention that in the past I have tried to stop drinking and then heaped diet and exercise goals on my plate as well, only to find that trying to keep up with all my rules and expectations for myself is too much, and I throw in the towel on everything. This time, my sole focus is sobriety.

Like I said, I admire your ambition, but if it all gets a bit much, don't give up on the AF goal!
      You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Good point....If I fall on these two Im keeping the AF thing

Just trying something new and cool..thats all

Comment

lead366;1630872 wrote: Good point....If I fall on these two Im keeping the AF thing

Just trying something new and cool..thats all
          You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Hi Lead!
            Are you juicing? I have tried it and never made it past 5 days....I just HAD to chew something! Also...quitting smoking AND juicing?? I'm just concerned that you're taking on too much at once. One time I went on a diet, exercised, quit drinking and quit smoking all at the same time. Guess how many of the 4 things I failed at? Yep....4. Take one thing at a time and don't expect too much out of yourself, you're only human for goodness sake :H You ARE doing awesome though! Keep us posted.
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Lead, I really want to give that juicing thing a try. I figure even if I made it a few days It would be better than nothing! But I'm only at two weeks and I want to get my legs under me a bit.

Just remember, perfectionism is an obstacle to progress. What if you were to taper off on the ciggy's? I know what K9Lover means. If you don't make it and self criticism sets in, can lead to depression, creates a crisis that wouldn't have been there otherwise, etc. etc.

Just be gentle with yourself, OK? And let us know how it goes with the juicing. I'm thinking I might try a few days when I get at least a month af under my belt.

Comment

Not that we're trying to discourage you! I hope it doesn't seem that way. :P

Comment

No Gracie----Not at all--I just lit up lol-----and?...I love it

The juice thing is cool---on day 3 now...No hunger????? WTF???? Its 4 litres per day--pure juice

Im gonna see how the day feels and give better report tomorrow........It seems to give me a lift---my mood is pretty good today.

Thanks for encouragement YOU TOO k9

Comment

gracieb;1631647 wrote: Not that we're trying to discourage you! I hope it doesn't seem that way. :P
                    Not trying to discourage you at all!!! Just don't want you to be overwhelmed. One thing at a time is enough to deal with! But if you can do it all....then kudos to you....and then tell us your secret!
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Well?....On to week #4 and there is zippo desire for a drink---even the thought of the taste makes me barf....thats got to be a good thing.

Yes----one day at a time and my day always---ALWAYS begins with me thinking---"what will I do today to enhance my recovery.........Today?.....two swims...a light gym w/o......a touch of yoga.....and maybe some sinful dessert to wreck my juicing...haha---well..maybe.

The great thing is....I have zippo desire to drink---and thats why Im here!

I think the more that we---WE...as a team really understand and POST_POST...the reality of the dangers that are sooooooo inherent and scientifically proven with this demon juice...the more that our collective team spirit will ingrain that WE JUST DONT WANT IT!

I dont miss it......I DONT WANT IT!

You folks feel the same???

Comment

Yes, tentatively..... 90% of me is like "Gosh no way! Gross!" 10% still wistfully wants that buffer between myself and life, that private mind space where no one can touch me.

But I'm trying to feed my 90% with good, growth helping stuff and starve that other 10% out.

Just being honest...

Comment

Awwwww shucks ------Its only 10% Gracie...Worth it I suppose

Comment

Another one day at a time for me. At day 26 now and truly feeling alot better. I had a visit form Mr. Wine yesterday trying to coax me into going out for a big steak and a couple glasses of red. Even though I hate the taste now...it was a romantic plea and I almost gave in...even negotiating which restaurant to go to......finally took a walk...a hotub...and a swim...made myself a balanced dinner and stuffed wayyyy too much cake down my throat. IT WORKED! lol
                            Before I went to bed I gave thanks for being able to fall asleep normally and wake up AF--no hangover.

Im still sleeping a lot---10-12/day...but I do get decent exercise and I keep myself in a cheery mood most of the time Like I had mentioned...I try to consciously do a few things each day to enhance recovery...for today that will be...
                            #1...Take all my supplements...they do really work for me

#2...Light yoga session

#3...Light workout

#4...Well balanced cooking

That will bring me to tonight---lazy in front of tele.

Im not too hung up on when "the magic moment" will occur...but what I do is read here alot and other books and TRUST THE VETERANS...who keep reminding us in early recovery to guard it with our life...that slowly but surely skies will brighten....perhaps after 60---maybe 90...hopefully 120......My guess is that by day 300 or so......one really feels a huge difference. Rightttt??????

Im still thinking about sobriety/booze a lot but there is little thoughts about wanting it...maybe thoughts about how much I have given up and lost...oh well..the thing is Im sober and very aware now as to how this bastard can creep up and steal everything from you...Im lucky--it only stole a bit.

If theres any 200 plus dayers here...please pipe in with your thoughts, comments and advice....Appreciate anything you can throw my way.

I wish all my friends on MWO a lovely day today

Comment

Working...
                            X