Al Documentary: Cherry Healy Old Before My Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched this documentary last night, http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v6vEe6eenpg and I think this is a good video for all, but particularly the young folks who come to MWO. If you are ever on the fence about your use of the drug alcohol, maybe this will validate your hunch that alcohol is not for you.
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Thanks

I watched it---disheartening for certain.

Im starting to get my mind programmed to NOT care about anyone else---nor there ability ( or denial) to stay with alcohol. The substance only causes me pain and trouble...what a rotten deal.......4 hours per night of numbness...in exchange for 20 hours of wreckage.

The mathematics of this equation spells?.....ABSTINENCE!

Comment

I watched this documentary last week and really liked it. It's scary to see how fast and how serious damage can be done to the body by alcohol. Most of us are lucky that we quit in time. My heart goes out to those still stuck in the cycle of addiction.
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I agree Lead. It is just numbness but I never lasted 4 hours as I'd guzzle the hard stuff too quickly.

K9, I still worry about liver damage as I've drunk for so long, I'm trying to go the attitude of gratitude route, but any pain in my side, whether real or imagined, helps to keep me away from the poison.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

j-vo;1625848 wrote: I agree Lead. It is just numbness but I never lasted 4 hours as I'd guzzle the hard stuff too quickly.

K9, I still worry about liver damage as I've drunk for so long, I'm trying to go the attitude of gratitude route, but any pain in my side, whether real or imagined, helps to keep me away from the poison.
          Fortunately the liver is a very forgiving organ. However, if you are still worried try taking Milk Thistle. There is some very compelling research that suggests it can be a big help improving liver function (not so much if you are continuing to drink) I'm a big fan of Andrew Weil and he swears by it. i take 1000 mg/day.
          Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hi,

I thought that film was scary! The lady with the fluid in her abdomen!

TJAF - Does milk thistle have any side effects?

Comment

Very hard hitting stuff but unfortunalty some people in their 20's and 30's just ignore the message or don't want to know. Heavy and binge drinking is every where. I wish had learned this at an earlier age as the information wasn't around or as up to date then. But its never to late to learn and stop.

Comment

I'll try that milk thistle. Thanks. And yes, Pav, the belly was quite scary.

Comment

Hiagain j-vo, just watched the documentary. Very scary. But i'm glad I watched it. Thanks for sharing.
                  Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

You're welcome Angel. Check out the "Rain in My Heart." It's a tough one to watch, but really good.

Comment

Working...
                    X