Brilliant Monday !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant Monday !!

Good morning all I want to post on the newbies nest but for some reason cant get onto that thread so doing it this way. So lovely to see all the great figures , new members and huge effort going on. So proud to have reached 70 days with my quit buddies Pav and Available, who have been an amazing support and inspiration to me . Along with all the other members wise words and encouragement.

For anybody just starting out I know that you read all the post and your dearest wish is that it was you posting after a good number of af days. I know I did I felt such a light weight posting in my early days but before I knew if i was in the bigger figures and it just feels so amazing . I would wax lyrical for a week on all the benefit of being sober, but to keep it short i will list a few :

Gained my self respect back
    Gained respect from family and friends
    Better mental health
    I look years and feel years younger
    No memory loss of what I have said and done
    No living with a near constant hangover
    No consuming vast quanaties of pain killers/sleeping tables to mask the hangover ( which never worked anyway)
    Freedom to be me and like me
    A huge sense of achievement for at long last being af !!

All in all if you are on the begining of this af journey do your very best and get the support you need to stick with it as the life you gain or regain the other side of al is just brilliant.

I will leave you with a quote I heard once not sure where it came from may be AA

" Try not drinking for a month and if you find you don't like it, you are welcome to have your misery back". Sooooooooooooooooooooooo very true I am never going back to that misery !!!!!.

MWO a brilliant place, brilliant people, brilliant advice/support, brilliant examples for long term afreere's , brilliant non judgement enviroment and the most brilliant of all people who understand !!!!. I blinking love this place !!:h:h:h:h:h:h
    AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Brilliant Monday !!

Great to hear this Poppy! An amazing achievement and it only gets better. Well done you. Bella xx

Comment

Brilliant Monday !!

Poppy - very well said, you are setting me up with the great Monday
      AF since 10/20/2013
      Smoke free since 09/24/2007
      Meat free since 09/20/2008
      ---------------------------------------
      With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Brilliant Monday !!

I like that saying. Thanks for being here with us on this journey.
        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Brilliant Monday !!

Poppy you are such an amazing role model! It is true I wish I had your numbers but I will some day. I'll just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Comment

Brilliant Monday !!

poppy62;1625132 wrote:

MWO a brilliant place, brilliant people, brilliant advice/support, brilliant examples for long term afreere's , brilliant non judgement enviroment and the most brilliant of all people who understand !!!!. I blinking love this place !!:h:h:h:h:h:h
            Yep - and I'm glad you are here. I blinking LOVE MWO too!! And I love the AA quote. So true it hurts.
            Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Brilliant Monday !!

What a great post Pop and i too am lucky to be on this journey with you and pav also. All through the ups and downs of giving up al i realised this time that it was going to be different and now the days are just days being sober and happy. I dont want to go back to what you stated when we were drinking. It feels normal to wake up without a hangover each day and i am not fighting with myself anymore about drinking, not drinking, moderating, drinking today, drinking tomorrow, what to drink, where to get the drink, where to hide the drink etc etc etc.

Proud of you girl xx
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Brilliant Monday !!

Avail, how very true just gave a thought to how much hard work and tiring drinking is. You hit the nail on the head about the internal fight with yourself. So glad to leave all that behind and just living each day with a clear head and heart.

Baset glad you are hear with us like Avail says its not just about counting numbers it about living day by day sober and happy and then the numbers roll by so stick with it.

Be the best sober person you can be !!
                AF Since 2nd December 2013

Being af is not your punishment ! its your salvation !!:goodjob:

Diet Start

25th Feb 2014 10st 6lbs 3rd March 10st 1.5lbs

Comment

Brilliant Monday !!

Great post Poppy! Love the quote!
                  Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
                  X