The BIGGEST FRAUD!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BIGGEST FRAUD!!!

Hi my name is "MemoryShot", and I am an Allcoholic. I have gone a couple of days without a drink and I am feeling like I am crawling out of my skin. I am new to this site, and still don't know my way around. I feel like a little of the fog is starting to lift, but not much. Having said that, please excuse me if I am out of line or I have posted in the wrong area. I just needed to post to keep from picking my poor fingers to death. Aside from being a fraudulent Alkie, I ALSO SUFFER FROM GAD! Pretty sad. I feel like the biggest loser yet! But I did not drink today. I didn't even go outside my home today. Is that why I didn't drink? I don't know. All I know is that I am deathly afraid if I take another drink that THAT COULD BE THE "ONE" to do me in...for good. One is too many, and a thousand was never enough. :new:

The BIGGEST FRAUD!!!

Others better qualified than me will guide you around the site, but I thought I should say hello and congratulate you on the bravery you have already shown by posting

There are good people here who will support and help without judging!

Remember to be kind to yourself, that is valuable support for free and can be available 24/7

Good luck
    Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

The BIGGEST FRAUD!!!

Dear MemoryShot,

I am not all that well qualified in AF days (21 and counting), I am though rather well qualified in drinking as we all are here

Don't worry about finding your way around or posting in the wrong place you cannot get lost and you cannot make a mistake.

You have a couple of days without drinking you say, then you are hardly loser material, the first few days are the hardest and by far the most important; without them there would be no milestones such as 7, 10, 14, 100 and so on.

Anxiety in my experience can set off the drinking in the first place, and then the drinking makes it worse. If you are afraid to die then the opposite of that is that you want to live. Try to focus on wanting to live rather than the fear.

The anxiety will lift as the alcohol leaves your physical, emotional and mental bodies.

I find that posting in the roll call thread https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...793-68536.html each morning is a real incentive to keep going and it is amazing how quickly the days add up. It doesn't hurt to stay inside for the first days, anything that stops the drinking and allows time for the fog to lift is worth it.

Have compassion for yourself, begin to unconditionally love and forgive yourself.

:h
      Maji
      AF - 26th January 2014, SF - 10th February 2014

Comment

The BIGGEST FRAUD!!!

Memory Shot, why would you call yourself a fraud? It seems to me your being honest. We're all working on things here!

Comment

The BIGGEST FRAUD!!!

Hello Memory Shot:

Welcome here. Yes..those first few days are buggars . Dont fret...the feeling is only one of being uncomfortable--thats all. Drink a ton of water and just read on this site to keep you comfortable. This journey is not a hell ride if you strive to get as educated as you possibly can. Post as much as you feel like and ask questions galore....about anything.

Remember...you are with like friends here.

:welcome:

Comment

The BIGGEST FRAUD!!!

Welcome, Memory Shot!

It's almost 12 hours later... if you are still alcohol free, then you've hit another milestone!
            For some people, it's one day at a time (ODAT).
            If, for you, it's one hour at a time, that's great too!

You know you need to do this. Like you said, one is too many, 1000 is not enough. You can do this!
            Stay close, and post when you need to vent. :l Patty
            "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
            so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
            :hug:

Comment

The BIGGEST FRAUD!!!

Hi memory shot, just to add to your welcome. You really have made a great choice already by posting here and your first steps to being sober. MWO can be a great aide to help you quit. Rooting for you here
              Damo in Dublin
              Still trying !!!
              AF 25th June2014

Comment

The BIGGEST FRAUD!!!

Hi Memory and welcome. You are not a fraud. Posting here is an act of bravery and honesty. We have all been there so we totally understand. The anxiety is a chicken-egg sort of thing. I have never quite been able to sort out if I drank because I had anxiety or if I had anxiety because I drank. Probably a bit of both, but I promise you, kicking AL out of your life will definitely help. Unfortunately, your body and mind need to detox first. So the anxiety may get a bit worse first, but it will lessen. It really will. However, I am concerned. Are you going through bad withdrawals? They are nothing to mess around with. Please, seek medical help if you need it. If it's just the general, "I am going nuts without a drink" then hang on tight, and post often. Take good care of yourself. Hope to get to know you better.
                Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

The BIGGEST FRAUD!!!

I felt the anxiety lift as I got all alcohol out of my system and read here and posted daily. It really helped me a lot. Hope it helps you. See you in the Newbies Nest. :l
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                  X