New Member Doing a 30 Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I've been lurking on the site for a few weeks now. I downloaded the book and read it and have been reading the threads consistently.
    I am doing a 30 Day AF, on day 17, after a particularly horrendous binge when out celebrating my birthday. Normally I'm careful how much I drink in public but I guess because it was my birthday I thought I could cut loose. I had already realized my drinking was a problem a few weeks before and was trying to cut back on my wine by myself.
    I ended up blacking out for hours, fighting w/ my boyfriend to the point of getting physical with him in front of both of our friends and basically humiliating myself. None of which I remember. To make matters worse my six year old daughter came home in the middle of it. She told me the next day I was acting "dizzy". I have never been so ashamed as at that moment.
    My boyfriend and I just bought a house in January and the next day he basically said things needed to change or we were done. Which I agreed with. That was not the first time I'd drank too much and started huge fights. For some reason, too much alcohol makes me angry. And he is the nicest drunk ever, he gets sweeter and funnier when he drinks to excess. I have no idea why I act that way when I drink and I'm so jealous of all these happy drunks everywhere, when everytime I drink I have to worry if I'm going to go psycho.
    Anyways, after lurking around for a few weeks I ordered the CD's, the Kudzu and the Amino Supplement, went and bought the Vit B and the L-Glutamine and still need to find the All One. (GNC didn't have it?) I've participated in a few other online msg board groups but I really liked the feel of this one and I really liked Roberta Jewell's Story. She sounded so much like me. It's hard to think anythings wrong w/ your drinking, when everything else is going so well, you own a house, have a good job, long term relationship, health etc...but inside I knew it was only a matter of time before my drinking slapped me in the face.
    The cravings were really bad at first but are getting better now that I've passed the half way mark. I'm hoping the CD's will help me practice moderation (I used to 3-4 glasses of wine every night by myself) and not to think so much about drinking.
    Well I just wanted to say Hi and share my story. Hope to get to know a lot of you better over time.
    Gita
    "Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced"

:new:

Welcome Gita!

I am also an angry drunk or so my husband tells me, lol. I lurked for a while too, then took the plunge. I am doing mods and feeling better. Doing some of the supps too. Cograts on 17 days AF -- that is awesome!:welcome: :goodjob: :welcome:

Comment

Welcome Gita! Well done for taking the plunge and joining us. Day 17 for me too. Look forward to seeing you on here each day. Good look, Janice
      AF since 9 May 2012
      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Welcome Gita and well done on the 17 days. That is just great!!! Glad you decided to post......keep at it!!:welcome:
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Welcome from here in Texas too....I'm a mean angry physical drunk too...not that I was drunk everytime I drank, which was about 2-4 wines a night also, it was those over a bottle and a half nights I was a totally insane member of the universe...and ditto, my hubby is a happy drunk,.....I had to change too, I was going wake up all alone from being passed out I was afraid...I'd pushed it tooooo many times, and I hated myself, that's just not me at all....I'm only day 6, working on day 7 right now, but I've moderated alot better with a couple of whoopsies....so you are REALLY doing WELL....I'm impressed....welcome to a great group! Hang tough, and I ordered the All One from the Nuritech site....and take the Kudzu and topa too.....heading to the gym soon!
          "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your replies and encouragement. :thanks:
            I am hoping to stay strong. I know I can do the 30 days, it's afterwards that worries me. I know I can moderate I've done it many times before when going out. It's mostly the drinking alone that gets me. Theres nothing more relaxing than that first glass of wine after my daughter is in bed, but one glass turns to two and two to three...etc etc
            I have bought a lot of non alcoholic wine/champagne...sometimes just the act of holding the wine glass is comforting.
            Gita
            "Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced"

:new:

Comment

Hello Gita, and a hearty (belated) welcome to you.
              You seem to have a plan and be following it.
              I wish you well.

Comment

Working...
              X