Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello. I stumbled upon MWO after I woke up at 3:30 a.m. this morning, angry with myself (again) that I'd had more than the two glasses of wine I'd told myself I'd have (again) and I felt pretty yucky. I Googled AA, came upon a medication called Declinol...started to research that, and found this site. Everyone in my family are addicted to alcohol...some worse than others. I've drank for as long as I can remember, but it got really bad after a series of unfortunate events in my life. Anyway, long story short, two years ago (a week before my 40th bday) I was diagnosed with pancreatitis. Was told "don't eat for four days" and sent on my way. Went to a different doc, much more supportive, and she said, "You can never drink again." Well, I didn't, and loved it (for the most part), for about 8 months. Then started having the occasional glass of wine...it went from there. When my IBS flared up, I was able to completely quit for another couple months...then it started again, the occasional drink. Then, right around my 41st birthday, was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. Didn't drink for quite some time (because I was so sick), but alas...ANYWAY, what I would love is to be able to be that person that may have a few drinks when out on a weekend, or that has no problem stopping after 2 glasses of wine. But I realize, right now, I can't be that person. So I've ordered the book, will read it and print off the recommended research to share with my naturopath...and start this journey. I'm hopeful, frightened I will fail, but also excited I've found this. I do have one question though...I know the hypnotherapy is on CDs, but I have no way to listen to CDs privately...unless I'm in my car. My husband is a wonderful man, but he is also a heavy drinker. He needs to decide when to take his own journey, that's not my place. Does anyone know of an alternative to the CDs? Perhaps iTunes or MP3 format? I look forward to getting to know you all. I've already been very inspired by some of the posts I've read.
    One step forward, two steps back...:h
    I will do this!

Welcome Just a Gal. You should head over to the Newbies Nest and make yourself known there.

One of the main reasons I had to quit was because of various medical issues - some similar to your own. I also managed long stretches AF but after some months would go back to a few glasses - that soon became too much. And waking up at 3am with pains, regrets and fear.

I quit with the great help of MWO but I didn't bother with many supplements and did not find hypnotherapy any use. Thats maybe just me because others have find it useful. What I am saying is - don't worry if you can't do the whole package. The most crucial thing is to do one day a time, be really serious about your quit and read and post here. You are making a great start and asking questions - all very useful for you.

Very best!

Comment

Working...
    X