My thought for 2 weeks af

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading sooo many veterans stories here...they have given me a thought that will keep me pumped for awhile and I feel cannot be stated enough.

Even though I am 2 weeks AF.....and approx 110/last 150 days.......there still are some lingering thoughts that creep back into my mind that bargain with me that maybe the drinking way is for me.

But...what keeps me AF...is this line that I seem to run into constantly from the long termers......

ITS SOOOOOOO WORTH IT!

Im gonna trust these folks and just amble on through yet another day...free of AL

I think the message is 'have patience'.
    It takes time rewire our brains & forge new pathways but we will if we just give ourselves enough time.
    I remember being told 5 years ago (when I was a newbie) that we didn't become alcoholics overnight so we can't expect to be 'cured' overnight - so true

You have 2 weeks AF lead - terrific!
    Each AF week that goes by will leave you feeling stronger & more confident & it is SOOOO worth it
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Your so right Lavande.....patience...gheeeeze...Well?......ok then...lol

Agreed......the re-wire of those pathways....Neuro---got it!

Comment

Well done on 2 wks, If you want sobriety you can see the benefits of just 2 weeks.:goodjob:

If you connect to the Newbie's Nest, you will find wonderful support from all, especially Lavande, and Byrd.and many others who have been where you are. It's a wonderful community. This 2 weeks you have succeeded at is a great start. Keep posting your authenticity each day and you will become a winner. Many people believe they are deprived when they quit alcohol - yes, deprived of anxiety, shakes, insecurity, etc., but to rid yourself of that you gain clarity, self-confidence and honesty, All great things to reclaim with sobriety.

I wish you well.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
        X