Hoping to find support here - trying - not sure where to post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi - I have been lurking for a whole and am scared to post but am going to finally do this - I am happy to be here and am really hoping to find support in my journey - I am hoping to share and help and be a part of this place - not sure where to post with all the threads - I really need this - thanks for taking the time to read this - xx TB

Hi TB, welcome! What is it that you are looking for? Can you tell us some of your story?

If you have been lurking for awhile, you know this is a great place to land and get support.

We look forward to gettting to know you.
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Hey--Hello...Welcome here. Dont be afraid in the least. We are all here because we have an alcohol problem...to whatever degree....So?...We share this.

Feel free to post anywhere...and post anything. Perhaps you would like to start at the newbies nest and just post whatever pops into your mind. Its totally confidential and the people here truly want to assist you.

As time goes by you will become more comfortable. Read lots and post lots.

Best wishes

Comment

Hi Red - thanks for the post - I am just sick of drinking and keep trying to quit - I am sick of making excuses - yesterday was my very first day in forever not to drink and it was so hard and I couldn't sleep - yuck - so today i'm tired and feeling scared and unsure - I just don't want to do it anymore - the battle - I just want to be free of it - I'm so tired of being sick and tired - and I hate being a whiner - I always try to act like everything is ok when it is not - so this is uncomfortable for me to reach out - but I know I need it - I have thought about posting a journal - so I could remember where I am mentally everyday - I need support so badly -

Comment

I know how that feels (we all unfortunately do). So let's just start with today. Do lots of reading and resting and don't overthink it. My first few months were working, sleeping and cooking (cooking kept me occupied during my normal drinking times). Once I broke out of the routine of drinking I started to think about other things I could do (the toolbox is a great source).

Once you get some sober time and really start making changes I think you will find the thoughts of AL are not so prevalent in your daily thinking. This does get easier over time but you have to get the sober time in to start seeing the changes.

Don't worry about anything except for today. Just keep focusing on what you need to do today to stay sober and you will be amazed how quickly the days turn into months and then years.
          AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Hey TB! Welcome aboard!
            I'd like to steer you to 2 places and the links are in my signature line below...Newbie's Nest has folks in all stages of quitting, so we can help! Also, the Tool Box is full of 7 years of knowledge...what works, what doesn't, so be sure to spend some time in there! We are so glad you found us...this place saves lives and I'm one of them! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Trusting and welcome :welcome:

Well done on taking your first step, know I lurked for ages and was shaking first time I posted, but this place is full of amazing support and advice and has helped so many folk, so no need to be scared.

Just want to wish you well for your journey and hope to 'see' you around

Comment

thanks so much everyone - I will try to go to the newbies nest like you all suggested - please look for me there - I really need support xx TB

Comment

Trusting believer; good for you taking your first step to a happy, peaceful life!
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Hi TB and welcome. I started on here as i was sick of making excuses and really i had run out of them also. You will find MWO a very supportive place to be. We have all been there and done it and are still fighting the fight daily. Honesty, willpower and strength are what it takes to start this journey and its hard at first but damn it gets so much better everyday. Your body will settle down with time, you just need to get through the first 7 days, thats not a long time by any means.

See you over at the Newbies Nest.
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi TB, I'm pretty new here too. Together we can all make our lives better!

Comment

Hi TB I replied to you in NN....welcome aboard ...good decision ...can you share your drinking pattern/story?

Comment

I am also new here and just reading these posts is starting to give me a little hope. There are so many forums and blogs though, it's a bit confusing.
                          I keep thinking I can cut back and drink in moderation....I used to be able to, when did that change? Now it seems like any time I start I can't stop. So disgusted with myself and lack of self-control. Ugh. I feel like I'm disappointing everybody.
                          :new:

Comment

Hi, crockettaa

Welcome! You've come to a great place.

You might want to post in the Newbies Nest (link given below) and if you haven't read there already, the Toolbox is full of good information.

All the best, NS

Comment

Hi Crokettaa - i am have 3 days today which did not seem possible 3 days ago - i am posting in Newbies Nest and have gotten tons of support there - I hope we can help eachother - this is hard - but i am getting through by just looking at TODAY - thanks for posting - - I believe we can do this xx TB

Comment

Working...
                              X