End Of Week 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End Of Week 24

A blast from the past! Here with a weekly update seeing as I haven't done one for a while.

As before, I am not seeking praise or publicity, just sharing my story to help others see that it is possible to get off the booze if you have the right support. The right support is here at MWO. This place is invaluable, even when not posting, just lurking and reading people's posts is a pure inspiration to me.

Anyway, two weeks to go until half a year sober. Running 7k each day, lost weight, saved money, sleeping great, mental state is balanced, spring is on the way. Life is good.

Life is there for everyone to take by the scruff of the neck, control and enjoy.

My attitude is gratitude - grateful I no longer have to let drink run my life.

I return to the mantra "if I can do this then so can you"

There is nothing out of the ordinary about me. I am the most ordinary bloke I know

Keep On Keeping On y'all:h
    Last drink 6th September 2013

End Of Week 24

Hey Thanks:

Ive been AF with 6 short relapses since Sept 25.........YES---grab by scruff of the neck. Good advice!

Comment

End Of Week 24

Thank you softy.
      Counting weeks not days. Soon to be counting months.
      Then not counting at all.

Something to know can be done.

Comment

End Of Week 24

Well done Softy , you and many others really inspire me to keep going. 30 days for me next thursday , first 30 in a while. How is it working this time ?
        #1. My wife has quit alcohol for a while ( she is not a heavy drinker ) but wants to support and is now enjoying not drinking.
        #2 mwo, always helps , not great at posting but always like to come on here to read.
        #3. Meditation
        #4. Experience, starting to realise this is not going to go away and have to face its really tough to quit , but I need to do it. Life is better sober.

Anyway , thanks , have a great weekend

Damo in Dublin
        Still trying !!!
        AF 25th June2014

Comment

End Of Week 24

damo180;1629582 wrote: Well done Softy , you and many others really inspire me to keep going. 30 days for me next thursday , first 30 in a while. How is it working this time ?
          #1. My wife has quit alcohol for a while ( she is not a heavy drinker ) but wants to support and is now enjoying not drinking.
          #2 mwo, always helps , not great at posting but always like to come on here to read.
          #3. Meditation
          #4. Experience, starting to realise this is not going to go away and have to face its really tough to quit , but I need to do it. Life is better sober.

Anyway , thanks , have a great weekend

Damo in Dublin
          You are a top man Damo and I wish you well

Glad the meditation is helping - I can't explain but I found it helps

Good luck and keep up the good work my friend
          Last drink 6th September 2013

Comment

End Of Week 24

Softy--

Thanks so much for this post - it was perfectly timed for me. I was having a pity party for myself about not drinking (just wrapping up day 82), and I read your post. Scenes from a normal life without alcohol. I'm not a freak, I'm ok. I just don't drink, and that is ok. In fact, there are many great benefits from not drinking that I am already experiencing - more than ok, being sober is amazing.

Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

End Of Week 24

Hey Pavati:

YES---Soooooo many benefits. I had a normal boring blah day..BUT?.....I had many small perfect seconds where I totally cherished being sober and clean. I found myself in a state of thankfulness about 6 times today.

I have yet to experience a pity party but Im sure I will on this journey........somehow I need to BOTTLE UP those amazing seconds I had today and keep replaying them in my mind...maybe then there will be no pity party.

Anyways Pavati....Im sure glad right now that I can go to sleep knowing I wake up tomorrow with a clear head.

All good!

Comment

End Of Week 24

Softly, a huge well done to you! It is a great achievement.
                New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

End Of Week 24

well done

Great softy,

You certainly are inspiring us all. I am starting my journey again today. Ans hoping to stay on path. Wish you all the best.
                  Rahul
                  --------------------------------------------
                  Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                  Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                  Rebooting ... done ...
                  Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Working...
                  X