Miserable and ashamed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miserable and ashamed

Hi Moss Rose. Wow lots of great posts and I really don't have anything to add except to share that I don't even know how many Day 1's I had. I would need a tracker to count that many! KEEP COMIN' BACK. If this were easy, there wouldn't be a need for MWO, AA, Rational Recovery, Rehab, Women for Sobriety, NA, CA, MA, HA, More Rehab, etc. etc. etc. This is HARD. But if I can eventually do it and all these other people can eventually do it then I know you can eventually do it to. We are stronger together.

BELIEVE!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Miserable and ashamed

We are your family Moss rose.

Plenty of day 1's here too.

Remember that the booze in your system now is really tripling the negative feelings. In a day or 2 when it's out of your system, you will start to feel better. Keep yourself safe for now friend, and i look forward to hearing how you're doing.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Miserable and ashamed

Please don't leave Moss ~ you helped me along on my day one, let me and everyone else help you along on your day one again too.
        I have tried quitting so many times. Really, just pick yourself up and try again. Everyone wants you here and wants to help make your quit stick.
        The anxiety will only get worse if you keep dwelling on it, it was just a slip. You can do this again and we are all here for you.
        I know how you feel. I really do. But we can do this. Stay close. Don't leave. And don't worry about tomorrow just yet. Worry about it when it gets here.
        xxxx
        Bri :l

Comment

Miserable and ashamed

MR, I have seen you post some of the kindest and most empathetic things here. It would be a real shame to lose you. Alcohol makes us hate ourselves and I'm sorry you are hurting. Please reconsider leaving here.
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Miserable and ashamed

Moss -

Nothing I can add except my own plea for you to come back with a new plan for a new day. Tomorrow you will be one day closer to your goal, and it will all look brighter without the cloud of alcohol. You have a lot to add here, you have been supportive and caring, and we value you!

Comment

Miserable and ashamed

MR, please take care of yourself & be sure to come back tomorrow & the next day & the next. That's how we beat this thing - together :l

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Miserable and ashamed

Moss Rose

There is no shame in a relapse. The only failure comes when you stop trying. I am not aware of anyone here with some wind under their wings that hasn't experienced more day ones than we can count. Ya just have to keep trying.

In my case there hasn't been anything special. I cant tell you why this time has worked for me. I didn't have a spiritual awakening to nudge me along. I didn't hit rock bottom. I just woke up one morning and thought that I cant simply do this anymore. With the help of this forum I have counted 18,057,600 seconds of wonderful sobriety. Keep at it Ms Moss
                Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Miserable and ashamed

MR big hugs from Aus land. You tripped, you fell flat on your face and now you have to dust yourself off, have a cry, feel bad, stay in bed for awhile and then get up and face the day. I can imagine the guilt and shame you feel MR but leaving here is really not an option unless you want to keep drinking.

I love having you here also and we need people like you on MWO. Think i will be turning back into lunatic linda as i am becoming complacent also and you have just woken me up to how insidious al can be. Be strong and take care. xx
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Miserable and ashamed

Hi MR - this happens - please stick around. Just think - what are you going to do different next time?
                    Byrdlady - my piano teacher was saying the same thing to me - you cracked me up
                    AF since 10/20/2013
                    Smoke free since 09/24/2007
                    Meat free since 09/20/2008
                    ---------------------------------------
                    With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Miserable and ashamed

:l:l:l:l:l:l

'nuff said - except see you later today, ok?
                      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Miserable and ashamed

Hiya Moss Rose,
                        Progress not perfection! You will do it because you want it so much. I understand the thoughts of leaving as fleetingly I felt that too at one point but I know this forum has really helped me so now would never think of leaving.
                        DD xx
                        New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Miserable and ashamed

There are no words to express my gratitude for all of your loving and kind posts and PMs. In fact, your quick responses yesterday kept me from drinking a whole lot more. I didn't want to keep posting after I had been drinking, but I read every post. Because of your quick responses and support, I was able to pour the last of the poison down the drain, drank a ton of water, had a good cry, and went to bed. I shudder to think what would have happened if I hadn't come here.

So while I'm not happy with myself, I'm not giving up. In fact, yesterday reminded me of how crappy AL makes me feel - physically and mentally. It was the same trigger as always - my ex. He is back in town and causing trouble. When will I learn? But harming myself because someone was unkind to me is just plain stupid. I can see that clearly this morning. So the immediate plan is to go totally no contact with him. No texts, no calls, no emails. No contact. Period!! My ex is a lot like AL - they both make me feel bad about myself.

So, I'm going to start this day with a large glass of fresh veggie juice, and then practice some gratitude. Just looking at this thread reminds me of how lucky I am. I honestly don't know what I would do without MWO and all of you.
                          Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Miserable and ashamed

Good for you MR
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Miserable and ashamed

Love you MR - sooooo glad you're sticking around.
                              Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Miserable and ashamed

Stopping and pouring it out is huge progress. Good for you. That is strength.
                                I am sorry about your ex. I want you here with us. Just feel better today.
                                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X