so far so good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so far so good

Long story short, I had finally had enough! Enough being 37 shots of vodka in one day...yikes. Committed myself to a detox facility who marked my BAC at .353. I spent the better part of four days there going stir crazy. The people there were awesome; non-judgemental and understanding, like the people on this forum. I was dying to leave even just so I could walk around outside for awhile, yet scared of my ability to stay sober on my own. As of today, I have 8 days dry. I always thought I could go this long without booze but never thought it possible that I wouldn't even want a drink. To all those who think it's impossible: it's not! Every day gets better and better, easier and easier. Two helpful things I've found are L-Theanine supplements for anxiety and keeping yourself occupied. Now I just have to work on not eating and smoking so much .

so far so good

Good job! Glad you were able to get the help you needed. I agree about the eating though-I have been eating so much lately! One thing at a time though........

Comment

so far so good

Well done tf , hope you can stick around .
      Reading and posting here can be a great support in staying off the booze.
      Rooting for you here in Dublin
      Damo
      Still trying !!!
      AF 25th June2014

Comment

so far so good

Good for you! One thing...don't worry about the eating and smoking. Tackle this, then that way down the road. I'm learning that.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

so far so good

Agreed J-VO

The drinking is #1---get comfy with being AF first....Be kind and gentle to yourself.

Perhaps be mindful of food and eat healthy is a start---bit by bit

Smoking?....is another battle perhaps for another day...trust me--I tired it. Again--just cut back a little and taper down.

My wish for you is to post on roll call and start counting your happy sober days--ok? DEAL!

Comment

Working...
          X