Continuing the Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuing the Journey

Hi there -- I'm new to this site but not sobriety. I had several years of it and then life events... Well things changed and I drank again. I started in moderation but the addiction came back full force little over a year later (I found out moderation doesn't work for me). I've tried quietly, over and over again, to quit to no avail. I'm tired of beating myself up. I don't have to make myself fit into what another alcohol group thinks I'm supposed to think of myself. For me I started feeling like sobriety/recovery was some sort of contest instead of a journey with ups and downs with leaps of growth and stops and sputters, just like life. I need something I can cognitively wrap my mind around, that deals with the whole body, mind and spirit. Right now my hope for MWO is that it helps me feel like I'm taking responsibility for the choices I make and at the same time support the underlying biological issues.

I remember the first time I got sober I exercised (for endorphins and so I'd be so dead tired I wouldn't want a drink) and used Joan Larsons' "Seven Weeks to Sobriety" nutritional support system. Which worked very well. Right now I have an injured achilles and ankle that is making it difficult to exercise -- which I swear helps so much to keep me balanced. I'm bi-polar and already on a medication so I'm not sure I'll be able to take any other meds but have ordered the nutritional support Vitamins and Amino Acids from MWO and the books and CD's. I really think that they will help fill in some crucial components. But I feel truly that connecting with others of like mind while dealing with alcoholism/recovery; the support and caring that I've seen expressed on this board could make a difference for me. I love the approach taken to recovery on this site. I'm very happy to have found it.

So, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a little scared, I hate having to do this again, but time to stop looking at the past. My family is worried, I've lost my freedom to alcohol.
    I hoping somehow for a miracle. But miracles need a little nurturing too. Thanks for listening and look forward to getting to know you all.
    Padme

AF 21, March 2010

"First say to yourself what 
you would be; and then do 
what you have to do."
-Epictetus

Continuing the Journey

Hi Padme, its good to have you here with us. Keep coming on here when you're feeling down or the cravings are bad, it really does help. Good luck with your journey, I look forward to 'chatting' to you - Janice
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Continuing the Journey

Padme, let me be the second to welcome you to our little community! :welcome: That was a very insightful first post, you seem to really know yourself. Looking forward to seeing you around.
      Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Continuing the Journey

thanks Janice, feeling needy today, it'll pass... -- Day one and I feel like a wet dish rag! Book and stuff won't come for a week or so. I've got some L-Glut in the house -- that Kudzo sounds amazing

https://www.mywayout.org/community/im...es/newhere.gif
        Padme

AF 21, March 2010

what you have to do."
-Epictetus

Comment

Continuing the Journey

thx Precious
          Padme

AF 21, March 2010

what you have to do."
-Epictetus

Comment

Continuing the Journey

Padme, welcome aboard. This truly is an amazing group of people here. I can tell that you'll fit right in.

Since joining in Feb, I have gone from drinking 1-2 bottles of wine a night to drinking nothing on weeknights and am about to now tackle the weekend drinking... I know that the support here is what is pulling me through.

I have the supps and kudzu etc but what I find helps me the most are the CD's. I have also got back into running and mountain biking. I know all too well the frustrations of not being able to train! Can I suggest jumping in with a masters swim squad for some stroke correction... swimming is awesome and very addictive!

Scoob
            :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Continuing the Journey

Welcome Padme,

I have been "officially" here 2 weeks and am on mods. This is a great place. Glad to have you on board!:welcome:

Comment

Continuing the Journey

Welcome Padme! Glad you found us! :welcome:

Comment

Continuing the Journey

Warm welcome and glad you are here Padme. You have come to wonderful place and I hope you will stay with us. We will never tell you to do this or that. We'll always respect you as a person and always be here for friendship and support no matter how rough the road gets or how many times you slip and fall. Best of luck to you.
                  :welcome:
                  Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Continuing the Journey

Padme~

Welcome. I agree that endorphines from exercise help tremendously. Glad you are here and I look forward to getting to know you.

Comment

Continuing the Journey

Padme, how did yesterday go?? Well done if you got through it, if you didn't, don't worry - pick yourself up and start today. Have a good day, Janice
                      AF since 9 May 2012
                      Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Continuing the Journey

Hi Padme
                        Iam new to this as well, just found the site today, after another bad night. Got on the net to look up AA meetings but just can not bring myself to go, then stumbled across this site.
                        Not really sure what i am doing, but have ordered starter kit and book,cds. Here goes nothing praying with all my heart this will work for me.
                        ACCEPTANCE IS A POWERFUL THING

Comment

Continuing the Journey

Padme: I know you can succeed. You sound so articulate & sensitive. I've been here since April. During the month of May, I've had 4 bad days, 1 not so bad, & the rest AF. I keep track on the Drinktracker. That's a tool that works for me. I see my drinking in print. Right now I've put 3 AF days together in a row & feel great. Fully connected, fully functioning. I too cannot drink in moderation. Once I start I cannot stop. Keep coming & reading & writing.
                          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

Continuing the Journey

Padme,

Welcome! It sounds like what you're looking for may be a really good fit with this program. As Ducky said, this is a great place.

pixie
                            AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Continuing the Journey

Welcome

Hi Padme, and Welcome Chilli, too - This is a very special place with wonderful people and I hope the support, friendship, sharing etc. that is here 24/7 gives you the strength and inspiration you need to help you make the changes you want and meet the goals you have. This is the start of a new life for you and I look forward to sharing a little of it with you.

Warmest wishes,
                              :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                              Goals:
                              Days 1-7 DONE
                              Days 8-14 DONE
                              Days 15-21 DONE
                              30 days DONE
                              60 days
                              100 days

Comment

Working...