Hello. New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello. New here

Hello . I'm new here, looking for support and help. I want to quit drinking. Its no longer fun, and has caused me much loss and pain. I want my life back, the way it was before drinking. It wasn't always a problem for me, but through the years it has progressed, and now it is. I look forward to being a part of this community. Thanks.:thanks:
    Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life

Hello. New here

Hi dragonfly,welcome to mwo,have a look around it's a good place to be with lots of great people
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hello. New here

Welcome Dragonfly:welcome:
      Settle in & read read read !
      Go to the Newbies Nest -that's where to start :thumbs:

Comment

Hello. New here

Hi Dragon and welcome, we were all in the same boat so to speak, just over it all. Al is not our best friend, more like our own worst enemy.

Post and post and read and read is my advice, oh and dont drink. The first few days are hard but well worth the effort in the scheme of things.

take care
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hello. New here

Hi Dragonfly, great name! I wanted to welcome you and send some support. The real you is still in there, that's what brought you here! Making a clean break from drinking and never looking back will give you the relief you need eventually. Even if it isn't always easy at first, it pays amazing dividends. You will never, ever, ever regret quitting, not even for a second. The drinking life on the other hand is overflowing with regrets. You can do it and you deserve it too! :welcome:
          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Hello. New here

Hi Dragonfly:

I agree with Pinecone ( another neato name btw)

You have to want it---it sure is worth it..Ive tried 6 times this last year---I finally get it

Post lots--read a ton!...and sign into to newbies roll call---even if you keep falling

The first few days are only a little uncomfortable...depending on how much you drank...and how often.

WELCOME HERE!...:welcome:

Comment

Hello. New here

Hi, Dragonfly--

Welcome to a great place to find your way back to the real you, and real life. We have definitely been there (well, I'll speak for myself).

Read, read, post, post. I like the Newbies Nest for company and support (because there's always someone around) and the tool box (under monthly moderation) for good ideas. There are many threads here for interesting conversations - I was shy at first but everyone is welcoming and nice.

Comment

Hello. New here

Welcome Dragonfly
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hello. New here

Dragonfly

You have come to the right place. This will be life changer for your. Just stick around and keep posting. Checkout toolbox and the newbies nest. You will find plenty of support here
                  Rahul
                  --------------------------------------------
                  Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                  Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                  Rebooting ... done ...
                  Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Hello. New here

:welcome: Dragon!

Join us in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ml#post1632727 for support and advice. Find yourself a perch, settle in and soak up all the information and advice there.

The https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html does what it says on the box - it contains a lot of information on how to live an AF life.

As Pinecone and Lead said, it's not always easy in the beginning, but sooooo worth it! Good luck!
                    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Hello. New here

dragonfly, sounds like you're ready to quit, and you've come to the right place. I think the best advice I was given in the beginning was throw out all the booze in your house, stock up on other AF drinks and plenty of comfort food. Keep posting, keep reading, start working on your plan.
                      Newbies Nest
                      Toolbox
                      My accountability thread

Comment

Hello. New here

Dragonfly, I too am new and have been reading a ton. Still drinking (less) just got my book and Cd's and waiting on an apt to speak to my Dr. about Topamax. If you need a new bee pal I would be happy to have company. Everyone has been so supportive and nice.
                        One thing I have not figured out is what does AF mean? lol see I am REALLY new!
                        Oh well, I have got to start some where and it just feels really good to start.
                        Es

Comment

Hello. New here

Hi Es,

AF means Alcohol Free!

:welcome:

Welcome - I'm on Day 8 here but have been here trying this before. Hoping this time is much more successful than previous!! Good luck to you and checkout the Newbies Nest that is where a lot of new folks go....others who have been around will give you lots and lots of great advice and it is always so nice to know there are others with similar problems!

Comment

Hello. New here

Thank you Frances and sending you good juju to make you strong. It seems I have a lot of strength for others not much for myself. Working on that. I think its a great sign that you came back and you know "If at first you don't succeed, try try again.

Comment

Working...
                            X