30 Plus af today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

30 Plus af today

Hello Everyone, I haven't posted much for a few weeks but have been reading lots and keeping in touch with my pm buddy. Its now over 30 days af for me with the exception of one small hiccup a few weeks ago. I am feeling good and hope this time my quit will be forever. In saying that though, I still feel a great loss and at times are miserable. I have more energy, remember things from the night before and am getting back my old interests. Just wondering how long before I get rid of that feeling of loss? Why am I feeling like that? Some loss isn't it ? al nearly destroyed me and everything I had. He is truly a bastard and no friend of mine. Thankyou for all the posts and to my pm buddy. Without you guys I would still be drinking; to those still struggling I can only say keep on trying and we must never give up. Love to u all and thanks again:l:l:l

30 Plus af today

Hi Hadit and a big congratulations, very proud of you and your achievement. The feeling of loss goes, i am not sure when but just go with it, its like losing a loved one and in a way it is. We can never have them in our life again, al is gone to us forever. Watch an al movie or doco on youtube then you will realise that you truly are not losing anything. I think also we forget what a hangover is and really how it feels so we become a bit blase and miss al. i have completely forgotten what a hangover is but i will never forget where i nearly ended up due to al, never forget what al did to your life and be proud that you are not drinking and are af.

I could teach you how to knit ha ha but i am not very good at it i am afraid. Did you previously have an interest that you may amuse you? Have you cleaned all those venetians/verticals? I still am not overly motivated but i give myself 3 things to do a day, be them a big job or a small. It makes me feel as if i have achieved something.

Everyday is different now and its so much better than waking up hungover every damn day isnt it?
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

30 Plus af today

You are right Available, I try to achieve a few things each day. When I look back in my drinking days I lost pretty much interest in everything. There seems to be more and more things each day that I want to catch up on. now. I guess you have to look back to appreciate just how bad things had become. That's not living, just existing.:thanks: Might pass on the knitting if that's ok ha ha

Comment

30 Plus af today

CONGRATS to you on your AF time hadit!
        Life without AL is better - it's 'normal' actually

You can easily get rid of that sense of 'loss' by working on your gratitude list. It seriously helped me to sit down & write it out! I started with the simple, obvious stuff like being grateful for ending the never ending hangover! Grateful for the improved complexion & extra money in my wallet. Mostly for me it was gratitude that I could spend precious time with my newborn grandson!
        Add something to your list every day - it will grow quickly, I promise
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
        X