Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Morning all,

Here I am again after a few Days AF, have taken the Day off work after getting totally Shit Faced last night by myself and headed straight to the bottle shop and am now drinking Guinness at 9am.

I'm just about at the end of my tether, AL is ruining any chance of me achieving what I want and leading a happy, meaningful life.

I'm not in crisis, this has been an ongoing problem for years so I accept what is happening.

I really need to overcome this problem, I have done lots of counselling and so understand my problem, I can get clean with a week of tapered Valium.

But I haven't stayed sober more than 10 days in the last ten years.

I run my own business, have good friends and go to yoga or the gym almost every night, I eat only healthy food and look after myself ... AL seems totally out of place for my life style.

I am single and bored and it seems that I use AL to kill time when I am bored shitless...

Rant finished now....

May the road rise up to meet you,
    May the wind be always at your back,
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    May the rain fall soft upon your field,
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the hollow of his hand

St Patrick's Words.

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Greetings from Ireland :welcome:
    It's bedtime here - hope you are ok ?
    This is a great place to start your road to being happy & sober.

Read read read ........
    Go to the Newbie's Nest and tell your story- I will bump it up for you.
    There are some very wise people on there to help you get started .....

Best of Irish Luck :l

Comment

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Cheers Satz :-)

And yes, I am OK

Comment

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Happy st. Patrick's Day. Thinking of my Grandmother and her Father who missed the river Shannon till the day he died.
        Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Happy Paddy's Day!

14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you. I understand this very well. I also own my own successful business and it even has a full bar! I've led a healthy lifestyle, except the drinking 6-9 drinks every night for the last 20 years. I realized that it was getting hard for me to get the respect I need from my staff and customers because I always had a glass in my hand even though I was able to handle my alcohol very well. I've had big dreams and have known I could achieve a lot more if I let go of the drink, but I just wasn't ready. Doesn't help that my husband is my drinking buddy and we met at an Irish Pub celebrating St. Patrick's Day! I've only been sober 3 days now but feeling pretty good about myself for deciding to stop. Of course it's only day 3 and I have a long way to go. I'm 58 almost 59 and I figure if I'm going to let some of my dreams come true, I'll have to be in control of myself and I don't have a lot of time left. Perhaps another 20 good years if I'm lucky. Good luck to you, I hope you find something meaningful to fill in the boring gaps in your life. aeg

Comment

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Aye!
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Happy St Patrick's Day!

David - nice to meet you. I get what you are saying. For years, I've eaten mostly organic food, take herbs and vitamins, practice yoga and meditation - all in all, a pretty healthy lifestyle, I think. Then I managed to negate all the good I was trying to do by drinking myself silly every night. Go figure. Like you, I came to the conclusion that it just didn't fit with what I envisioned for my life.

Boredom is a killer, so stay close. Maybe we can provide some entertainment. Give it a try anyway. Glad you're here.
                Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Working...
                X