Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1

Had my physical,:new: I'm pretty healthy, surprisingly. Today is my first day taking the supplements and Topomax. I don't want to screw it up with obsessive thoughts. I have enough to do after work to not think about drinking. I'm not really craving it but I can usually go a few days before I start to. Tomorrow may be more difficult. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Wish me luck!

jeanm

Day 1

Hi Jean and welcome...its great you have a plan. If you get a break, always check in, there is always someone around to help.

Glad you are here!!
    Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Day 1

Well done Jean on day one.
      We're all behind you. You can do this.
      Kairos
      Sobriety is its own reward

Comment

Day 1

Welcome Jean this is a great site. You may want to head to the Newbies Nest and look at the Toolbox:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Comment

Day 1

Hi jeanm links to the toolbox and newbies nest are below my signature.
          Welcome!!
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Day 1

Thank you Dottie Belle

I appreciate your guidance. As soon as I can figure these tools out I should be rocking!

Jeanm

Comment

Day 1

Welcome Jeanm - you are already rocking!! Day 1 is a major accomplishment - you go girl! This is a great place to find encouragement, advice, tools, accountability and friendship. Welcome to our wonderful nest - we're here to support each other. I was a mess when I started and today I am >60 days AF. I am currently facing a sad time for my family and I am so, so, so happy to be doing this sober. It's a gift to myself at I will remember every single minute of this important time with my family.

It only takes a little while to find your way around the forum. I had never posted anywhere before in my life and picked it up pretty quick. (Not that I haven't double posted, witten a long post that I've lost, etc.)

Check out the tools under Dottie Belle's signature - links to the Tool Box - lots of great stuff there.

Again, welcome to the nest - no more flying alone!
              Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Day 1

Hello & welcome jeanm!

Luck is nice but a good plan is what you really need
                Plan ahead & you will succeed!

Drop in the Newbies Nest thread for lots of ongoing support.
                Wishing you the best!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Day 1

Welcome. I look forward to getting to know you.:l
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Day 1

Well didn't make it thru day 2. Got so immensly irritable that I resorted to the only coping skill I have. But I'm not giving up. Today is day number one again. I have to be ready and aware of the irritability that I'm going to experience. Not liking this.

Comment

Day 1

Jean you need to plan ahead. Make sure there is no alcohol available for those irratable moments, get some comfort food and drinks into the house. I ate ice cream, chocolate, you name it, and sure I gained a few pounds in the beginning, but it got me through the first while, and later it all came off and more.
                      Newbies Nest
                      Toolbox
                      My accountability thread

Comment

Day 1

Jean you will irritable and dreadful for some time. That's why you need some distractions and no AL around. Just get through tiny chunks of time - one hour, maybe even less. Do the essentials that you have to do but little else. We know what it's like early in your quit. Just get through the here and now , a day will be over before you know it. Don't agonise too much into the future.
                        Keep posting and realise that it will pass.

Comment

Day 1

Will do!

I never knew I could be such a B_tch!. I scare myself. I'm really trying to keep tabs on it. I don't want to make any enemies at this satge of my life. Thanks for the support. Keep it coming...please.

JC

Comment

Day 1

Hi Jean, I read this today and it resonates in my heart.
                            You can do this today!
                            God didn't give you
                            the strength to get back on your feet
                            so that you can run back
                            to the same thing that
                            knocked you down. :h

:groupluv:
                            "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
                            so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
                            :hug:

Comment

Working...
                            X