Deciding to detox at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm new to MWO and not sure where to post my stuff to get it read, and get feedback. I'm on day two of self detox at home. Having several emotions, if anyone is out there or cares to hear, pls respond. I'd love to blog my way through this with support

I'm here RB and I'll listen. I guess your screen name says it all...rockbottom. What's your story, friend? How is the detox going? Do you have anyone nearby to help? Blogging your way through this will probably help. So keep posting!! And take care yourself.
    Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

I'm new here also, and people here are more than willing to help you out! I've gone 1 and 1/2 days sober...sounds silly when I say that, but I'm proud. Slept terribly last night (alcohol used to be my sleeping pill) but I know it'll get better. I hope you're in touch with your doctor...and check out the Tool Box here. Several people post the link at the bottom of their posts, I'm not sure how to do that. I'm nervous, hopeful, scared and at the moment...so tired. I didn't drink yesterday but woke up with a horrible headache. I wouldn't call myself a hard-core drinker, but drank enough not to be happy with me. Hang in there!
      One step forward, two steps back...:h
      I will do this!

Comment

Hello & welcome to MWO Rockbottom!

You've made a good decision to get AL out of your life
        Are you alone or do you have someone to look in on you? Make sure you drinks lots of water & tea to stay hydrated & eat something.
        Take a look in our https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for lots of great ideas to help you put a plan together for yourself.

Drop in the Newbies Nest thread for lots of support - someone is almost always there.
        Wishing you the best - be safe!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Yes. The Newbies Nest is a wonderful, supportive place and the best part is that there always seems to be someone there to respond to you when you are going through a tough spot. Many times I would be awake at 3 am and got help.
          :welcome:
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

I'm new here too - would love to read you if blogging helps you through. Day 3 AF down for me tonight (well, 5 hours from now around 2:00 a.m). I've been dead-tired and sleeping but my dreams are bizarre-o. I used to sleep about 5-6 hours and muddle through my day hung-over. But these past two mornings, 9 hours barely seems enough, although I have to get up to work. And I hate the dreams...hang in there. Others are doing this with you!
            Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Welcome Rock Bottom, and Pepper Snow! I hope you are both succeeding in your journey- it is hard at the beginning, but the feeling of being clear headed in the morning is the best reward. Scared? Crabby? Anxious? While it's hard to accept these horrible feelings as normal, they are.

Honestly, you may have so much strength in your sobriety that your mind may trick you that you "over-reacted".... you can really "moderate".... you've "learned your lesson and you know better now". I strongly recommend waiting 30 days until you try to moderate. One day at a time. Tomorrow will be better. And the day after that will be better yet.

:l Patty
              "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
              so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
              :hug:

Comment

Hey rock bottom,

Come to new bids nest we will take care of you there
                Rahul
                --------------------------------------------
                Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                Rebooting ... done ...
                Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

RB. Stay in touch. As Bad as you may feel you can always find someone here that went through exactly whet you are feeling now. I was as bad a drunk as you'll find out there and 245 days later I'm still hanging in there. You can do this.
                  Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Hey RB....Been there many times---just relax and take super good care of you..you dont have time right now for remorse or feeling ashamed...its normal. Yes---sleep will suck for a few days---dont worry...after a few weeks it becomes superb. I would highly recommend dousing yourself with juice and water these next three-five days...flush those toxins!!!!!

Write here daily or tens times per day...It helps a lot....and we dont judge at all. We are here to help in any way...oh yaaaaa...go take long walks and give thanks you decided to go AF!

Welcome here

Comment

RB - how are you? C'mon back and give us an update, ok? We really do care and we will listen.
                      Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Re: Detoxing at Home

I started detoxing at home a week ago today. Have had some wonderful support here. Planned to post to Newbies Nest, never got to it cuz all I've been able to do is drag myself to work and sleep, & sleep, & sleep. I am taking all of the MWO supps & a Dr gave me Librium to take the edge off cuz he thought I'd go into DTs. I didn't, and I have used the Librium very sparingly. Finally got to grocery store today. Am going to cross post this to Newbies Nest & try to come back later today.
                        Thanks :thanks: and love to all for all the help and understanding :h
                        Be Well,

Jenn
                        The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes....Marcel Proust

Comment

Working...
                        X