baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baclofen

I followed the baclofen procedure, it has worked to an extent but not in the way it did for dr ameisen, i still drink too much, i dont crave it in the mornings, has anyone done it twice???, help please x

baclofen

Please be careful.

Mike,
    I'm not a doctor, and I don't know of very many people on here that claim to be doctors. RJ disclaims that this forum should not replace medical advice.

I think you should be having this discussion with your doctor.

I've never used any of the drugs discussed here, the ones that are "off label", in that they have not been officially studied and approved to treat alcoholism. These drugs are
    dangerous if you take too much (intentionally or unintentionally)... they will play with your central nervous system, your cardiac system... is that a risk you need to take? You do realize that Dr. Ameisenh died last year, at 61, of cardiac arrest? His studies on baclofen were controversial.

Sadly, there have been at least two fatal overdoses on this forum- Lo0p, and Sticky. :upset: Search on their names and read their journeys. I've never met either one, but to know that two people have overdosed and ultimately lost their battle with alcohol shows the power of these chemicals. I know there are other members on here who feel baclofen has "saved their life", but at the same time, we should remember Sticky and Lo0p. :h

I googled "Baclofen overdose" and found these medical cases.
    An Initially Unsuspected Case of Baclofen Overdose
    http://cicm.org.au/journal/2000/september/Case2.pdf
    Baclofen overdose.

Reading anecdotal advice on here and following it without medical supervision is TRULY life threatening. Please be careful.

:hug: Patty
    "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
    so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
    :hug:

Comment

Working...
    X