Determined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Determined

Gotta to go get my rest now, will look for you tomorrow - you know what you want, now just go for it.....
    See you tomorrow - :l:l
    “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Determined

Darkest Determined Diamond.

1. You are not alone in this journey. I've been reading through the threads, and you have some terrific friends on here, giving you wise advice- why? Because we do this same thing.

2. While day 1 seems to be the hardest.... day 4-5 can be even worse. The physical cravings will draw you back. Because you mentally think you've gone over a hurdle, and you don't anticipate the temptation to suddenly flare its ugly head. Because like Ava mentioned, the FEAR of never drinking again flashed through your mind, and you want to prove to yourself that you over reacted... nothing is really wrong with you... and you can prove it by having just "one".

3. You have a lot on your table. Adding guilt to the party is just as fruitless as adding a glass of wine.

4. It's okay to get MAD at yourself, if you scold your soul, for letting yourself succumb on day 3 - 4. I get that, truly I do. The key is... NOW WHAT? Are you going to resign to this way of life? Are you going to walk away from your ambition to get sober? Or are you going to change it? Are you going to arm yourself with ways to empower YOU with so that this week, on your day 3, on Friday evening... YOU will make it do day 4?

Whether I want you to get to day 4 or not means nothing in this world. YOU must want it.
      And based on older posts, you DO want to be sober. You want those happy holidays.... not days where you wake up, in a fog, slowly realizing that you had horrid words with someone you love.... and when you DO figure out that you said something hurtful, you want to crawl back inside of yourself and cry, because that person didn't deserve it.

Diamond, today is the day for a deep breath. :h
      "I have a life threatening problem that once had me"... that is the mantra that resonates within my heart.
      "Alcohol will always be poison to me."
      "I am allergic to alcohol."

Big hugs, Diamond. We will be here to celebrate your day 10, with virtual hugs and high fives.
      :hug: Patty
      "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
      so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
      :hug:

Comment

Determined

Hi DD - hope all is good? Crazy work day and this is the first time that I have been able to sign on - have been thinking of you....
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Determined

How's it going today DD?
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Determined

Hi DD, I'm back on again, I feel like a damn yoyo. Check in with us, I know you have another try in you.

Day 1 again, but at least I'm coming back and learning more each time.
            "A good garden may have some weeds"
            Thomas Fuller

Comment

Working...
            X