New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

I'm new - I have been trying the vitamins and topa but have had to go off both 2 times as I felt so awful. Even though I didn't take the magnesium my stomach got really upset. Any suggestions? And I was a zombie on the topa. I just discovered the drink tracker and hope that being public with my goal of 1 week with no drinks will help. I'm very impressed with the new people who are one day 13 and day 21! I'm on day one again - but it is Sat night and my husband is out of town for a week so I could be drinking all I want so I'll be proud of myself just for today. Thanks for listening.
    Louise

New here

Welcome!

Hi Louise, and a big :welcome:

Congratulations on taking these first steps - I don't know enough about the sups and meds to offer advice, though I'd be surpirsed that the supplements would cause side effects. Your body and system definitely go through major changes when you stop drinking so expect to feel different and unsettled, both emotionally and physically. Maybe look at your diet to make sure it's a really good one - personally I'd been so used to a liquid diet for so long that eating properly was quite a struggle! - and start some light excercise if you don't already.

Most of all, be proud of your achievements - you've made a great start! - use others for inspiration not comparison - your journey is your own and I'm confident others will be looking at you for inspiration soon! So keep reading, posting, sharing and hopefully you'll find this wonderful group of people here a good support to help you on your way!

Look forward to getting to know you...
    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
    Goals:
    Days 1-7 DONE
    Days 8-14 DONE
    Days 15-21 DONE
    30 days DONE
    60 days
    100 days

Comment

New here

Hi Louise! glad to see you popped in to chat the other night. I've not done the topa
      but many others have...there should be some info in that part of the forums too.
      do the other supps give you trouble or just the topa?
      it will take your stomach a few weeks to really get used to a new healthy you, best of luck and look forward to typing with you.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

New here

Welcome Louise!

I take the supplements, no Topa, and have not experienced any stomach issues. But, everyone is differen. Maybe you could add each supplement/Topa one at a time to figure out which may be causing the problem.

It helps to think of it as a journey - congratulate yourself for any improvements, and slowly work towards your goal. Everyone has their own pace, but you'll get there if you have the will and attitude. Good luck!

pixie
        AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

New here

(((Louise)))

I and my husband on Campral. No side effects WE have. If you can't tolerate Topamax u might ask ur doc about that.

:welcome:

Comment

New here

hi louise,

I'm not taking the exact supplements recommended in the book right now, but I have a lot of experience with vitamins (for years I have been using them to fight hangovers;}

Are you taking the supplements with meals? (some are recommended between meals, but most should be o.k. with food) I know for me that b vits on an empty stomach will trigger instant nausea (B vit and a cup of tea... even worse).

It doesn't have to be a full meal, even just a slice of (whole grain) bread or biscuit does the trick for me.

Also you can try lowering the dosage on the vit's, and experimenting to see if it's one of the supplements you are sensitive to.

BTW I'm new here too. Today (Sunday) will be day 2 for me, I'm with you with your one week goal!

Hope this helps,
            mm

Comment

New here

Hello Louise , and welcome to MWO.

Sorry you're having a bit of a rocky start - maybe you're just a bit sensitive and perhaps may need to take things a bit slowly to start with.

I am taking topa, as well as the supps. (and have been doing the the rest of the program) and it's worked spectacularly well for me!! So, if you can manage it - keep going, it's worth it.

I was one of the lucky ones who experienced few side effects from topa but I do understand that many people have some trouble at first but that these various odd symptoms usually (though not always) go away within a few weeks if you perservere. Have you started on the low dosage? If 25 mg is causing trouble , perhaps consider splitting in half for the first week. Many people do so. I personally have stayed at a fairly low dose and have found it to be fine.

And I agree with the good suggestions made by the others. It's very important at this time to eat really well and to pamper yourself a bit too. That poor body is wondering what is going on here , so treat it particularly kindly.

Sounds like you've made a great start - despite the tummy , so keep up the good work!

Robin
              x

Comment

New here

welcome to MWO louise. you will find lots of support here. Bella xx

Comment

Working...
                X