Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fell out.

Thanks again everyone!

LB, I guess at this early stage, it's nice to have a reason not to drink. An excuse. At least that's how I feel. There is a real stigma attached to alcoholism. Different to food addiction, gambling, smoking etc. I wonder whether it's due to the extreme behaviour of some when drunk: verbally or physically abusive. I never got that way. My drunk was quiet, happy , sleepy, bed. That was it. Never mind though, the stigma is there.

I get the impression from everyone on this site, the friendly nature etc, that no one was very abusive, if at all. Anyway, after some thought today, I decided that after the marathon, I'm going to try and be a perennial runner/racer. It will be my permanent reason for not drinking. Previously after a road race, I'd take a rest, start drinking and take a long time to get back into it. I belong to an online running forum, and most people do races all year round. I just want to re-invent that part of my life. I'm actually quite excited about that now.

Bris, thank you! I've been reading your vent thread about depression and anxiety, and I'm living it right now too. That Huff post link was interesting. From it I got it takes time, BUT you do recover. And anaerobic exercise helps. So we know what we have to do. AF and run = HAPPY! I have 2 other issues in my life at present which will be resolved soon I hope. So patience and determination, and hopefully better times.

G bloke! Hi fellow Aussie! As Ava said to me , there are plenty more in this part of the world who need to be here. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X