I'm back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back

I was 1 year AF. Mainly due to social exclusions I started drinking again. Nothing really mad. Although the first night out, I was so ill after it. Like my first time ever drinking. Had one or two on and off weeks apart. Thought 'This is great, I've finally learnt about control and social drinking without going into dangerous territory'. Then I noticed, a bottle of wine from the store on the way home 'It's the weekend, I'll just have a glass'.. wake up to empty bottle. Sneaking an extra glass of wine in the bar after my friends had left. Those little tell tale signs that were saying 'Eh - hello you. Haven't we been down this road before? Didn't it end in you trying to kill yourself?'

I'm not right back where I started - thankfully. I never ever want to go there again. That is why I am back here. Today is day 1 again. I've done it before and I'll do it again. I want to keep my life on track and I'm glad I noticed the slippery slope before I slid down it.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

I'm back

Great decision Moni! Very smart to catch yourself now and know where you are headed. Welcome back!!

Comment

I'm back

Welcome back, Moni! There are great stories of success written here:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...t-6-78410.html

Some of them might help you or maybe you could add your story to help inspire others.

It is great that you are aware of what is going on and dealing with it now. Stay close :l.

Comment

I'm back

Good to see you Moni!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I'm back

Thanks Guys.
          I was doing so well that I am disappointed but not going to dwell on it. Time to move forward again.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

I'm back

Good morning Moni and welcome back. I was also here a couple of years ago, and I quietly disappeared as I "moderated" (truthfully, returned to my old habits). I came back in February.

Thank you for posting, because others can learn from your experience.

I understand what you mean about feeling excluded from activities, because it's happened to me too, since February. Thanks to the magic of Facebook, I could quickly figure out that my family was doing things without even asking me. At first, my feelings were hurt, but in retrospect, I think they were not inviting me to support my decision to go alcohol free-

Now that I'm physically away from my home town, and I see their party posts, I am honestly grateful that bar hopping and drinking every weekend is not my life. Friday night we had an alcohol free campfire (first time that I can remember, EVER). Saturday day we did yardwork and last night I took a long bath and read a book as my husband watched NASCAR on TV- all alcohol free. To wake up this morning and quietly reflect that we are better parents for our children- that's the "money shot"... that's the stuff worth bragging about.

I'm glad you are back!

:hug: Patty
            "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
            so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
            :hug:

Comment

I'm back

Moni,good for you for catching it before it escalated,as we all know it will do,glad you're back
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm back

Moni,

Welcome back. I had 8 + weeks a year ago and I had t o go out and do more research.
                I took me a year to find my way back here. Now I am on day four and I am feeling positive and strong.

Welcome

rednose
                All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

I'm back

Welcome back, Moni!
                  As my old piano teacher used to say, 'Let's try it again, THIS time, with FEELING'!
                  Hugs to you, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                  X