Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Gang/New Here

Thank you, LegalEagle.

I, too, love fine food & drink, hence my screen name...

I think we have to remember what the triggers are and what sets off the urge and plan ahead so that it doesn't feel so much like punishment, but more like freedom.

Yes, your family life will be better and your kids will have more interaction with you. You are going to be much happier with yourself and that is what matters most.
    Be careful about reading health books. You might die of a misprint. --Mark Twain

Comment

Hey Gang/New Here

Man, that freedom versus punishment jewel is heady stuff. Right now, it feels a lot like punishment. It may sound pathetic, but those lost Saturdays and Sundays are very dear to me. I am a happy guy. Happy at home, happy at work, physically fit, and a general lover of life. And even in the context of that happiness. drinking beer on the weekend is probably the high point of my week. That seems rather pathetic.

Comment

Hey Gang/New Here

That was pretty deep....Sounds like some of us need to turn the passion for drinking into a passion for something else. Me inculded. I have the same situation. Not for beer, but for wine. Even when I am doing something I love, I always think it would be better with a little wine...so it starts... and turns into alot. I would like to enjoy life without thinking like that, but it is such an old habit it will be hard to break. I am going to start focusing more on my surroundings and the people I am with instead of what I want to feel like. I don't know if that made sence, but you made me think. Buffy

Comment

Hey Gang/New Here

LegalEagle,

The funny thing about beer or drink is that it does make you believe that you are only fun to be around when you loosen up. And, of course, most of us loosen up with a drink. If your wife was able to or wanted to drink with you, then it might be a better situation.

I noticed that even when my husband and I were in social situations, dinner parties or with his colleagues, that I would select a drink just to help converse. The problem is that this has now become our weekend routine when absolutely nil is going on. No one is coming over. It could be nothing, but the two of us watching TV, and by the time I have my two drinks, I end up falling asleep and wake up right in the middle of the 10:00 news. Geez,...talk about a fun Friday night! Snoozing with the dogs!

bon vivant
          Be careful about reading health books. You might die of a misprint. --Mark Twain

Comment

Hey Gang/New Here

hey Legal, welcome, this is a good place that has changed many peoples' lives. keep reading and posting. download or buy the book and hop aboard. i've done the whole mwo prgramme as per the book and it has been transformational - take it from me - IT WORKS.

Rip x

Comment

Hey Gang/New Here

Hi LegalEagal, Good that you are addressing the issue now. I was like you till about a year ago when I was assigned a tough job at work that took overtime and weekends. I started drinking in the morning before work and now I am try to quit that as I know that is totallly not healthy. It is tough. Keep up the good work !!!

Comment

Hey Gang/New Here

Hello LegalEagle and bon vivant
                Best wishes.

Comment

Working...
                X