Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still here, Day five was hell. Hope today is easier

Well Day five was hell.

A buddy of mine stopped in and he did not know I had quit drinking so that was hard.
    I got a letter from the good old IRS and they are going to audit me for the year 2011.

It was really hard not to drinking with my buddy because it seems now that is all we have in common.

But I am here, Want to drink because of the IRS thing but I just have to deal with it.
    Sober will be better than drunk I am sure....

Not as confident as I was the first 3 days. It seems to be getting worse with withdrawal
    Symptoms.

Thanks for being here....

Concerned

rednose
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Jane27

Thanks for the post. Yes I know for sure that is the attitude I have to have. I will be glad to get through the cravings. A journal is a great idea.

Appreciate the support from this site so much.

rednose :thanks:

Comment

Red Nose,

Day 4 and 5 were, in retrospect, the hardest days for me. It was around this time that I would hear a little voice telling me that I had over-reacted... that I COULD, with "discipline", in fact, MODERATE! In fact, I should PROVE IT TO MYSELF, right now, and just "have one". :teeter:

These little white lies are normal at this stage. YES, it's hard to ignore the voices, but be ready for them. Don't give in. Drink lemon water, tea, carbonated water... eat sugar, eat ice cream.

You can do this. Tomorrow WILL be easier. :groupluv: Patty
      "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
      so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
      :hug:

Comment

Glad you posted Rednose!

We all know that we can't make the IRS disappear so we may as well deal with it with a clear head, right?
        As far as your friend goes, perhaps you can just put a little space between the two of you for a while. You definitely need support right now, positive support. We all do our best around here to fill in for face to face friends at times

Hope everything works out with the tax folks!
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lavande;1649561 wrote: Glad you posted Rednose!

We all know that we can't make the IRS disappear so we may as well deal with it with a clear head, right?
          As far as your friend goes, perhaps you can just put a little space between the two of you for a while. You definitely need support right now, positive support. We all do our best around here to fill in for face to face friends at times

Hope everything works out with the tax folks!
          Rednose hope all is well....I am sorry that your withdrawal symptoms seem to be getting worse. It's a process and its different for all of us. Some folks have few symptoms and some have serious life threatening issues so the range is large. Most of us fit somewhere in the middle; So, I cant promise you that tomorrow will be better than today but, I can promise you that in time (time is the great healer) your life will be so much better.

Now on to the other issue. I am sorry about the IRS. A year ago I too would have taken a slash once I got the news. The point of the matter though is that drinking doesn't make the problems go away it only makes our ability to deal with those problems harder. If you drink you're only gong to wake up with a hangover and the IRS isn't magically gone. More to the point, when drinking, an alcoholics capacity to solve problems doesn't come close to what we are capable of when sober. just a fact.

Keep posting we will leave the light on!
          Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

You o.k Red?
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly

Yes ok, just crazy nuts with this irs audit thing. If I make it through the day it will be 7 days AF

:thanks:

Rednose

Comment

TJAF;1649932 wrote: Rednose hope all is well....I am sorry that your withdrawal symptoms seem to be getting worse. It's a process and its different for all of us. Some folks have few symptoms and some have serious life threatening issues so the range is large. Most of us fit somewhere in the middle; So, I cant promise you that tomorrow will be better than today but, I can promise you that in time (time is the great healer) your life will be so much better.

Now on to the other issue. I am sorry about the IRS. A year ago I too would have taken a slash once I got the news. The point of the matter though is that drinking doesn't make the problems go away it only makes our ability to deal with those problems harder. If you drink you're only gong to wake up with a hangover and the IRS isn't magically gone. More to the point, when drinking, an alcoholics capacity to solve problems doesn't come close to what we are capable of when sober. just a fact.

Keep posting we will leave the light on!
                Thanks TJAF.

Today is day 7 for me so far... but this is a real stresser.

:thanks:

Rednose

Comment

Congratulations on Day 7 rednose. Byrdie needs to drop a moon on you
                  Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Red congrats on 7 days, every day of the week is a great achievement. Just remember do not drink AT anything or anybody, it does not solve anything and puts you right back at day 1 and honestly who wants to go back there.

Very proud of you.
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Red,the IRS sux! i hope to God i never get audited(which i may,cuz hairdressers are a target)i have been horrible at keeping receipts,besides who's gonna keep all that crap from 2011?it'll all be o.k,just keep sober so you have a clear head to get all your papers and what not together,i hate taxes,they use OUR money on stupid stuff like free cell phones for low income people,a waste,alright im venting on your thread sorry
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X