Insanity vs. Futility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insanity vs. Futility

I have long been a fan of this quote by Albert Einstein: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." I thought it was quite clever and even used it in my signature here. You kind people never called me on it. But a very dear friend of mine did just that recently. He said..."I doubt very much that someone as brilliant as Einstein said something so dumb." He was correct. I was so embarrassed. Here I am - a researcher by trade - and this one escaped me. My friend continued..."insanity is the wrong word. Futility would make sense." So whoever said it originally was wrong. And my friend is right.

Insanity. n. mental illness of such a severe nature that a person cannot distinguish fantasy from reality, cannot conduct her/his affairs due to psychosis, or is subject to uncontrollable impulsive behavior.

Futility. n. 1. Lack of importance or purpose; frivolousness. 3. Incapable of producing any useful result; pointless.

Yep - when it comes to AL, it's futility not insanity that drives us. Anyway, just wanted to share a random thought. Off to change my tagline
    Everything is going to be amazing

Insanity vs. Futility

I like that Moss - makes sense, thank you for sharing.

Comment

Working...
    X