Long Weekend Ahead: Pissed Off Already

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time here - decided Sunday to try to quit - or at least take it easy, cause it was getting outta control. Fine so far, feel great, but Mem Day wkend coming, house down the shore with 3 other couples. All major drinkers. I don't know if I want to even attempt abstinence, but really feel like I could keep it under control because I am really serious about cutting down or maybe even quitting altogether. I know I'm going to beat myself up if I say I'm not drinking at all this weekend, and then screw up.... then the circle begins.

Comment

First of all LegalEagle, I know this isn't a laughing matter, but... I have to tell you, I was laughing out loud when you mentioned your wife's comment about turning the weekend into "your own little party". That sounds too familiar. My wife is convinced that she is married to a 44 year old teenager... and she is right. I love doing what I want, when I want. I work hard when I'm working and thankfully I am successful at what I do (despite my drinking issues), but I have a bad habit of spending my idle time indulging in my own private amusement park.

My suggestion, is whether you decide to moderate or abstain this weekend, just remember the stuff she puts up sometimes, and show her you that you are really trying to make an effort. You don't want to be miserable this weekend, but I think an honest effort to tone it way down will probably pay off on the domestic front, and if you make it through the whole weekend without a drink... wow, that would be really cool.

Anyway, sorry for the unsolicited relationship advice... but I couldn't help throwing in my 2 cents.

As for me... this weekend will be really trying. I decided to get sober last weekend (day 5 today), and I don't want to blow it. I've got an all day BBQ party on Sat. wish me luck.

Comment

if you decide to drink this weekend leave the cans out all together so you can see how many you have had. when you get embarrased by how many there are its time to quit.
        wait till much much later to start. you feel like you have accompished some restraint and its just better for everyone all around. if you know you can have some later it will not seem so bad.
        one hour on one hour off. set your watch or put your cell phone on vibrate.
        eat eat eat. i cant drink as much if ive eaten. also sweet things are nasty with booze might help to slow you down. hit the pie and cake table.
        just a few ideas that help me. good luck!

Comment

Working...
        X