Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello...Starting my 30 day journey tomorrow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahahahaha! Record for lurking the longest, now THAT just made me laugh out loud! No longer just a lurker, as of April 26, 20014...Thank you all for welcoming me, really trying to see this as giving myself a gift, instead of denying myself something. I KNOW this will probably be one of the hardest challenges I have faced yet, but the drinking just isn't working out for me anymore, and honestly hasn't been for awhile.Patty, I would love to share my reasons/struggles for quitting, and I will post later and let it all hang out! lol I am running out now to do some errands, but I will be back!

Comment

Hello Wishlist,

Good job. you can do it. I am on day 6, tomorrow is a week!!! I feel better, sleep better, am already down 2 pounds!!! I am even running with my dog in the moring. Just take it day by day, journal, write in the newiest nest each day with the rest of us, and do the drink tracker. It has really helped me stay on target!!! Go for the new life now!!!!!!!
      ?Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.?

― John Wayne

Comment

Yeah WL!!! Great start..tomorrow morning will be wonderful, I love hungover free Sundays - they are the best
        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

:welcome: Glad to see you here...you will not regret it!

Comment

I am just wondering, should I be continuing to write on this thread, or start a new one or write in NN? Just want to make sure I am following the rules Figured I would explain a little bit why I am here. During the week,(M-Th) I would usually only have 1-2 drinks. Usually one glass of wine and then a light beer. I would sit down with my drinks around nine, finish my beer by 10:30, and then be off to bed. Not a big problem, BUT had to do this every night and looked forward to it all day. And then...the weekend would roll around, and it was time to "reward" myself for being productive and healthy all week. So what better way to do that than drinking 3-4 glasses of wine and 2-3 beers? I usually did not wake up feeing horribly sick, but certainly not good. But what was really getting to me was that after drinking like that, my world seemed so gray and hopeless. I just felt like such a loser and abnormal and of course, racked with guilt. So, I would tone it down a bit on Saturday(usually),but still wake up even more depressed and hopeless on the day before. And then the weekly cycle would begin again...And, about once a month, I would get really hammered on a Friday or Sat night , and I would wake up still feeling drunk, terribly anxious like I couldn't stand being in my own skin, and I would have to drink the day away. Ughhhh....those days were the worst. And when I feel wistful about drinking, I MUST fast forward and remember what those days feel like. On a brighter note, not drinking tonight:h I did not go to the movies, but I have a ton of new mags, a good book and lots of snacks on hand. Think I might have a Shirley Temple tonight...have not had one in probably 30 years Hope everybody is feeling good and strong and enjoying their evening!

Comment

Hello & welcome Wishlist!

Have you really been lurking that long? You could have joined with me in '09
              Glad you are here now & have made a commitment to do the right thing - kick AL out of your life!!
              You'll never regret your decision, I promise!

Wishing you the best!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wishlist - the joy of the site is its called MY way out - so whatever works for you.
                The Newbies Nest is full of lots of newbies and some great support - it moved pretty quickly for me, so I found other "homes" but used it when I first came here. I would try it out and see if it is a comfy place for you. Lav and Byrd are the nest mothers and are great support (or a strong push if needed). You will find good company there.
                The tool box has lots of great ideas and would be good reading.

Comment

wishlist go for it...you can do it..as for where to post ????there aint no rules..its what works for you ..remember the objective is to quit ..so however ,whatever ..just do it!!
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Wishlist,
                    I know what you mean where alcohol was part of the daily routine, but didn't seem to dominate your life, because you instilled certain rules to control it. I've done that too... and if I talk to myself long enough, I can call it "moderating" and pretend that all was normal, or at least not interfering with "life".

I've shared many of those Saturday mornings with you...

Set your own rules here. Some people like the Newbies Nest, but others can get lost in the chatter. You'll decide in short order.

:hug: Patty
                    "God didn't give you the Strength to get back on your feet
                    so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down."
                    :hug:

Comment

How is sober sunday Wishlist??? Hope it is a good one:l

Comment

Hi SL! Sober Sunday has been so nice. It is so funny, I woke up with a headache this morning, and it took me a sec to realize it was just a regular old headache, and not a hangover headache...I was so excited! I am a big list person , so trying to brainstorm things to do next weekend, really want to fill up my Friday and/or Saturday nights ahead of time. Gotta have a plan, right? What do you do differently on your weekends?

Comment

Yeah!!
                          Good question - I shop early in the day so I am not tempted to buy anything.
                          Fridays we (me and two teenage girls) go out and buy fresh pizza and watch a movie - pizza and movie night - never used to be sober enough to pick up hot supper.
                          Saturday I walk in morning and we also plan supper around cooking (usually BBQ) - I will have agreed to do something, so can't take that back.
                          I have two teenage girls, so that limits what I can do. I focus much more on the mornings instead of teh evenings. Spend a lot of time on mwo...

saw this today and thought it summed it up well...."If you want something you've never had, then you have to do something you've never done"

Comment

Working...
                          X