Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alone

Hi to everyone,
    I have been reading the threads for a few days now and thinking for to long about my prob. This site is so great and I hope from your stories that I will be able to control or stop my drinking.
    regards alone_1

alone

Hey alone, you are alone no more, welcome. read the book and get on board, join us on the journey, it's one hell of a ride. Kim
    Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win!!

Comment

alone

Hi Alone,
      Welcome to a place that is filled with people who thought they were alone in their problem but now realise that they aren't and help is available and people do manage to stop drinking even when they thought they never could.
      Suz
      Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

alone

Thank you for your reply i was afraid that no one would answer as i am new lol.

Comment

alone

Hi there!

You are definetely not alone anymore! I have found that more people have drinking problems then I originally thought..just no one talks about it out in the open.

The people here are wonderful, this is the best place to be for either helping to control your drinking or if you are trying to quit. And best of all, no one passes judgement as we are all in the same boat. Post as much as you want and if you find yourself getting weak and don't want to give in, come here. There is always someone on site who will give you that extra boost when you need it.

Cheers!
          GG

Comment

alone

Reading all the threads - that statement is so very true - ( I am not alone) I have hidden this for quite a few years now and (having done quite well) so I have thought, mostly I have thought it is just me and wished the witching hour would just go away, (3 - 5pm) but it didnt - and so here I am, living in a very small town - it is out of the question to go to an AA meeting as all would know, i stumbled across the site while looking for ways out. I am 29 with 3 beautiful children in which i managed to stop drinking altogether with for the 9 mths - with all of them however now that I have not another life in the womb it seems impossiable. My husband has bipolar and has his ups and downs in which he enjoys a drink also. I am a little worried about doing this as he is not about to give up any time soon, I need to do this for my boys as I need to change this cycle that my parents and grandparents before me created.

Comment

alone

Alone,

:welcome:

Otie

:h

Comment

alone

Welcome alone--best wishes and have fun here

Comment

alone

Alone, you might want to change your name because you are not alone. When my dad was getting sicker and sicker, my mother finally stopped drinking afte 50 years. I asked her why, and she said, "Well, someone has to have her sh_t together!" In your case, it is you. I also have a sister who is bipolar and I really feel for you. If you can stop drinking then perhaps your husband might since he will no longer have a drinking partner. Its important for him not to mix his meds with alcohol. Hang in there and here!

DW

Comment

alone

Welcome Alone. Lots of support here. Love, Bella xxx

Comment

alone

Hi alone
                      I'm only on day 6 without the drink and i'm no expert but i know what you mean about the children. I've got two 16yr olds in the house and my hubbie drinks like a fish aswell as me. I just think "christ! somebody needs to set an example here".
                      Hope to see you around,
                      Charlotte xxx

Comment

alone

Thanks guys, have a warm fuzzy feeling inside, lol, this is 3rd day sober however it is friday and we will just wait and see.
                        Hope all is going well for you all and will chat so.
                        Jo.

Comment

alone

hey to all have changed my name to Muz_b_crazy.
                          Thank u to all you are all great

Comment

alone

Hello Alone and welcome. I agree with Dog woman, the name Alone just sounds so lonely! I hope you never have to feel lonely here. I'm glad you found this board. I'm new here also and am very glad I found this board. I think we all are for there is a lot of wonderful support here. I hope you find the support you need here. Having a husband that's bi-polar and that drinks and tackling and addiction with 3 young kids is not an easy thing to do. We are here for you.

Comment

alone

MUZ_B_Crazy is that the former Alone?

Comment

Working...
                              X