Time to get real!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to get real!

What does it take for me to get it? Waking up on the sofa every morning, stinking of booze? This morning, I found a trace of a burn on my sofa - not enough for anyone else to notice.....then sneaked into bed before my girls got up. An hour later I rubbed my head and a handful of hair came away. On inspection I see that it was burned off - must have held cigarette near my hair...............
    What the feck am I playing at?
    So today, full of the usual shame and regret, I am back.......
    No doubt that after a couple of hours I will convince myself that I am 'not that bad'...........and I can do 'one last night' and start tomorrow instead......
    Tomorrow for me, has to be Today! So here goes.....
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Time to get real!

Hello Daisy, I remember you from sometime back. Just wanted to say Hi and welcome you back.:welcome:

Comment

Time to get real!

Daisy, we all know that tomorrow never comes - not where drinking is concerned. It's like finding the end of a rainbow (with that elusive pot of gold attached), just not as pretty...

You know, the memories of my first week and first thirty days are fading: I thought I'd remember every miserable day of that miserable first week forever, and so did not write them down. I should have, and perhaps you could try doing that - a reminder of where you were, how you felt and a warning never to go there again.

And please, be careful, won't you? You could have injured yourself quite seriously there last night.

Good luck - you know that you can do it.
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Time to get real!

Daisy, it can be done, a year ago about this time I had started all over again. Don't look ahead any further than today, keep your memory of your disgust alive and retain it when the witching hour approaches. Keep posting!!
        best to you
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Time to get real!

Thank you all......I needed to write this down......

Comment

Time to get real!

Hi Daisy - good idea to write it down. Whenever you think you might be okay 'just this once' (yeah, right) remember why you needed to stop! It is so hard to do, I know. Also, keep in mind what you will do instead. And do it! You can do this. Stay close!!

Comment

Time to get real!

Hi Daisy. So glad to see you at it again. When I was spring cleaning at the lake house I found the "LIST" of why I wanted to stop drinking. I wrote that list a few years ago. We HAVE to stop the madness. Imagine being on your death bed and coming to the realization that we spent our entire lives fighting alcoholism and losing. What a sad day that would be. Let's get to the end of our precious lives with lots of memories of what a difference we've made in this world and what conscious happiness we've experienced. We only get one kick at the can. Let's make the best of it. With you all the way.
              "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
              Lao-Tzu

Comment

Time to get real!

I have so many other things to do instead.....I do well, get so much done, then think 'oh, a wee drink!' I know how wrong that is, but it is the mind games.........need to keep in mind that the only reason I achieve anything worthwhile is 'because' I am sober......praying for the strength to stay sober for good......thanks Frances...

Comment

Time to get real!

Hi Sobersoul..... Just about anything good in my life is the reason for being sober. I often think of how I want to be remembered - definitely not the rough looking mum with the boozy breath!
                  Thanks for the support - you are doing so well....looking forward to feeling good again!

Comment

Time to get real!

Daisy-

I made myself a note last night to hang on my mirror.

One Day At Time... no more and no less.

At least you are here and you are trying... Keep trying... One of those trys is gonna work.

Comment

Time to get real!

This one bkyogagurl! Positive thinking!

Comment

Time to get real!

Good to see you again Daisy!!!
                        Once you can shift your thinking it gets easier, instead of a drink being a "reward", think of it as a punishment. When you complete a hard task or something, get a REAL reward for yourself, however small it may be (I currently have over 100 bottles of nail polish because of this plan...LOL). Another good reminder to yourself is this: "I love myself unconditionally...right NOW"....not when you quit drinking, not when you lose 10 pounds, not when you get the house clean...but NOW. Accept yourself for who you are. If you love yourself like you love your children, you won't choose to poison yourself. Keep posting...I'm so glad you're back!!!
                        K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Time to get real!

You are so right K9! I have not been kind to myself.....I will reread your words every day! Thank you! I can feel the momentum building already, just by spending so much time here today. Feck the housework - my only aim right now is to get a grip on sobriety - the rest will fall into place....

Comment

Time to get real!

Hi Daisy,

I almost made it 21 days, then this weekend i convinced myself that i could have some wine for Mothers day, bam!! Back to drinking wine at night again with the shame and waking up feeling bad. So, lets both do this. I see you were on the daily ro - call. Lets do this together a day at a time!!!

Michelle
                            ?Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.?

― John Wayne

Comment

Time to get real!

Michelle, it's tough going back to day 1, butit doesn't take long to see those numbers increase again.......let's kick ass this time!

Comment

Working...
                              X