Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y didn't I see the beauty in the world ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone,

I wonder with so much drinking I didn't see how beautiful the world can be ...

I am on verge of completing 90 days sober. First time ever in my life and wanted to share my experience in past 3 months. In last these months I have had countless situations where I was supposed to drink. With customer, suppliers, brand parties, weddings, couple's dinner but worst and most difficult for me has been while travelling alone for business trips for work and conference.

I have been drinking daily since last 10 year now. My poison has been beer. I used to check into hotels with 12 pack or so and then beer in hotel till I collapse. Travelling to Europe was always which I look forward to. Booze was available everywhere cheap.

So in last 3 months I have managed to be sober. But what I wanted to share that I have approached situation not with grief ... but with gratitude ... Today for example in beautiful hotel resort in Sri lanka fora corporate conference. There was a gala dinner with booze flowing. And I was standing next to ppl who dont drink ... PROUD ! I even went for an after party with some of the ppl who drink to a near by club and stayed sober while others we drinking ...

I wanted to share only one thing .... LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL. I have been living in the wrong, world with booze if I look around there is beauty every where.

I have attached few pics of my recent trip to Germany where instead of drinking every night and sleeping late and waking up with hang over I choose to wake up early and go for morning jogs.

See how pretty the same place can be where I had memories of drinking. Also see how you see some people drinking and seeing them I feel FREE !!

Here is the link to pictures : Germany Photos by rahulthesweet | Photobucket
    Rahul
    --------------------------------------------
    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
    Rebooting ... done ...
    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Rahul, those photos are unbelievable!
    I might steal a couple to paint....love the lone swan and, all them! You are a great photographer; really captured the moods and surroundings!
    Lucky you!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Rahul,
      Wow! Beautiful pics!! Such a great experience for you! Maybe you should pic up photography as a hobby!
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Jvo

Strange part, I used to love taking pictures, love listening to music. With past 10 years has been a mental block all about booze and booze. I am relearning to explore what I wan to do. I want to learn guitar, golf, learn to ski. List goes on.
        Rahul
        --------------------------------------------
        Rewiring my brain ... done ...
        Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
        Rebooting ... done ...
        Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Rahul
          Speechless, crying, truely inspired by your words, sentiment and those photos! Moved and in aw! Enjoy my friend, enjoy and keep posting! Life is beautiful and you have captured many small,quiet, and beautiful moments!

Comment

I'm so happy for you Rahul. I know what you went through to get to this point and the freedom from al is SO worth the struggle in my opinion. 90 days. Wow.
            You are so lucky to get to experience so many wonderful places. I love your pics. Thanks for shating your inspiring post and your pics.:l
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

It is so inspiring to witness someone getting a second chance and grabbing it by the.....horns!
              If we could just lift folks OUT of their AL-tainted world for a few minutes and show them how wonderful LIFE can be....just to hear, taste and smell for the first time in years, it would be awesome....that's what you just did in this post. So proud of you. Never look back! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by Rahulthesweet View Post
                Hello everyone,

I wonder with so much drinking I didn't see how beautiful the world can be ...

I am on verge of completing 90 days sober. First time ever in my life and wanted to share my experience in past 3 months. In last these months I have had countless situations where I was supposed to drink. With customer, suppliers, brand parties, weddings, couple's dinner but worst and most difficult for me has been while travelling alone for business trips for work and conference.

I have been drinking daily since last 10 year now. My poison has been beer. I used to check into hotels with 12 pack or so and then beer in hotel till I collapse. Travelling to Europe was always which I look forward to. Booze was available everywhere cheap.

So in last 3 months I have managed to be sober. But what I wanted to share that I have approached situation not with grief ... but with gratitude ... Today for example in beautiful hotel resort in Sri lanka fora corporate conference. There was a gala dinner with booze flowing. And I was standing next to ppl who dont drink ... PROUD ! I even went for an after party with some of the ppl who drink to a near by club and stayed sober while others we drinking ...

I wanted to share only one thing .... LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL. I have been living in the wrong, world with booze if I look around there is beauty every where.

I have attached few pics of my recent trip to Germany where instead of drinking every night and sleeping late and waking up with hang over I choose to wake up early and go for morning jogs.

See how pretty the same place can be where I had memories of drinking. Also see how you see some people drinking and seeing them I feel FREE !!

Here is the link to pictures : Germany Photos by rahulthesweet | Photobucket
                Thank you Rahul!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

A perfect example of sobriety! Congrats Raul. I started to see individual pieces of grass, rather than the lawn and to appreciate the beauty of the birds. I joined the Audubon world and was struck by the individual and delicacy of their feather patterns, and still am.
                  Enlightened by MWO

Comment

way to go rahul!

Comment

Working...
                    X