upcoming heart surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upcoming heart surgery

I'm sorry if this isn't the appropriate place to post this, but my best friend is desperately seeking help for her husband. He's a heavy smoker (and drinker) in his late 30's who just found out that he needs heart surgery a.s.a.p. (bypass). I told them about this forum and how it's been helping me to recover from drinking for the past couple of weeks, and promised I'd ask around to see if there's a similar forum out there for smokers wanting to quit, or a thread on here that deals with the subject (my quick search produced zero resulsts). My friends are Spanish, but are able to communicate in English. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    AF since May 12th, 2014

upcoming heart surgery

Quit Smoking All Together: the Web's Largest Quit Smoking Community

Best of luck to him, he is very young and i hope he is okay.

I went to the drs and am going to start taking Champix (that is what they are called in Australia) as they apparently block the addictive part of the brain that wants a fag but the dr probably wont prescribe anything if he is to have surgery.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

upcoming heart surgery

Thanks, Available! It looks like you have to enter a postal code to join. Do you know if this works internationally (my friends live in Madrid)?
      AF since May 12th, 2014

Comment

Working...
      X