Clear All

Into the abyss…

Hi Ginger:
    Have a great AF trip!
    R4L
    Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Into the abyss…

Another great AF trip under my belt! Thanks everyone.

Comment

Into the abyss…

Ginger that is awesome Congratulations. I hope to get where you are !! Ive plopped myself into the newbies nest... Havent done a day as i had hoped, but was able to moderate a couple days and then back at it last night, Insanity is what this is.. I posted on the Upteenth quit thread also, it seems to be waning..

Comment

Into the abyss…

Hiya WMM, I started this thread very early in my quit. We travel a lot with other couples. Traditionally the end of the day was a big drinkfest. The first trip out on my quit I was scared to death I'd fail but I had a plan and stuck to it. Tomorrow will be 80 days AF for me. It can be done!! I'm convinced I couldn't have done this without MWO though. The support and wisdom here is amazing. Whenever I feel weak, I check in here and before I know it, my resolve is back. Added bonus, I've made some good cyber-friends! Check out Ladies on a Mission thread. It's very active and the ladies there are amazing and very welcoming, if you decide to post. If you really want it, your quit will come!

Comment

Into the abyss…

Off on a 10 day trip and looking forward to the adventure. I should rename this thread to "On to the Adventure". I'm not afraid anymore that my quit will be at risk. I have my plan and cooler full of sodas. Looking forward to seeing all the family. I'll still be watching for the beast but I won't let it steal my joy!

Comment

Into the abyss…

Hello Ginger. Camping and weekends away have always been my downfall. I have another weekend away starting tomorrow. I just know its going to be hard but I have to beat this madness. Thanks for the post and well done.

Comment

Into the abyss…

hadit;1693358 wrote: Hello Ginger. Camping and weekends away have always been my downfall. I have another weekend away starting tomorrow. I just know its going to be hard but I have to beat this madness. Thanks for the post and well done.
                You're quote here is a little cryptic. Are you going camping again for your "weekend away?" If so, and you know it's such a strong trigger, why would you even go?
                In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Into the abyss…

Hadit, I'm not sure how many days are under your belt but if you are early in your quit it does get so much easier. I had to musle through and get used to going and being around the drinking. I'm a gypsy soul and the thought of missing an adventure was a non-starter for me. Everyone handles their quit differently so if you can beg off, maybe you should for a while. Is that an option?

Comment

Into the abyss…

Eleven miles from home after a 10 day trip and I'm happy to report I remained AF. It was hard at times.... Lots of triggers but I kept to my plan. Over 110 days under my belt and I still have the urge to drink at certain times. This time it was more about the good old days with my littlle sis. I felt a little isolated but I'm still glad I stuck to my resolve!

Comment

Working...
                    X