where do i start??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do i start??

Hi, I was on this site a few years ago and just returning. I tried to quit back then and failed, trying again now and need some hope. Plan to quit in a few days... just 'enjoying' my last few drinks now. I can't wait to get out of this trap, hope to get some support along the way!
    looking forward to hearing some positive stories and joining people in my quest along the way. Not good now, but look out for some positive posts from me along the way- will enjoy hearing yours too!....

where do i start??

Hi, Amo

The links to 2 threads are given below. The toolbox is full of ideas for you to consider and the Newbies Nest is full of support from people at all stages of getting off alcohol. Maybe you could head over there and introduce yourself.

So glad you came back!

Comment

where do i start??

Ha, I never know where I am supposed to be here - so newbies nest for me then??

Comment

where do i start??

Welcome Amo - you can go wherever you'd like on these forums. But as NS says, the Newbies Nest and toolbox is full of support and people and it's definitely helped me lots in the beginning of my sober journey. It really is important to have some sort of a concrete plan in place...support and to read and post on here as often as possible. That is definitely what helped me in the beginning of sobriety - and still does to this day.
        Glad you decided to join us again. You can do this if you really want it.

Bri.

Comment

where do i start??

Welcome back Amo - I came here and left and came back again more than once. This has been the longest time AF for me - I am now at 97 days! I am feeling great, got past the worst of all of the cravings - don't think of AL for the most part now and never would have believed I could feel that way. Things really do change and you start to feel sooo much better and you start to come in to your new normal. It's not always easy, and AL thoughts still creep up and try to trick me but I am not falling for it. I don't drink normally and therefore I don't drink. I wake up feeling great every day now - I feel better, look better, think more clearly, am here for my family and friends, I AM BETTER! So glad you're back! I look forward to hearing more from you.

Frances

Comment

where do i start??

Welcome Amo!

So wonderful for you Frances!!!
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

where do i start??

Hi. Missed work again today due to a hangover. This has GOT to stop!
              Starfish

Comment

where do i start??

Welcome Starfish! Checkout the newbies nest and toolbox threads that NoSugar links to in the bottom of her post (above). These are basic 'must haves' for newbies - you need to read and get support from others and you need to have a plan for what you are going to do instead of drinking - the toolbox has tons of great advice and ideas. For me it was telling myself "I do not drink!" and treating myself to ice cream and sweets and reading here and drinking seltzer water and tea instead of my usual bottle+ of wine. Eventually, the minutes, hours and days add up and I can say without doubt that you will not ever regret any time that you are not drinking.

Comment

Working...
                X