Newbies in Need Day 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need Day 28

Hello everyone. Day 29 for me and one day away from my goal. What a month its been, a life-changing month. Been away for a couple of days to see mam who is still very ill in hospital. She's my motivation, my mam. She doesn't know that I've been following in her footsteps, that I'm more like her than she thinks but seeing her in such a state, really does bring home what that poison does to us. So, day 30 tomorrow mam and I'll keep going- for me, for my family and for you mam. It's too late now but if only there'd been something like this site for her. Be strong everyone, life is so very precious - don't waste it through alcohol. Janicexxx
    AF since 9 May 2012
    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Newbies in Need Day 28

memorial day

May 1-4 AF
    May 5-8 off
    May 9-18 AF
    May 19-20 way off
    May 21-24 AF
    May 25-26 off
    May 27 to present on

Looks like I am succeeding for the most part on weekdays but drinking on weekends. This weekend, i over did it on friday but only had a few on saturday.

This month has been a learning experience for me. The work days have been a lot more clear. when you dont have a hangover there are so many things to do and ways to spend your time.

Janice, I am so impressed you made it so far! Give us some tips please...

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 28

Good going Janice! I hope your mom will get better. Looks like you have had some success too Nancy. This is day 9AF for me, headaches persists but are not as intense, more like background noise. The real challenges lay ahead, having company over for dinner, houseguests, etc. For today will just think about today and plan for when guests come for dinner tonight. Maybe 1 non-alcoholic beer?

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 28

I am happy to say I made it through the weekend:bow . I did find Saturday the hardest, I went to the store to get some munchies and had to pass the liquior store as well. Going there wasn't a problem. It was when I was going back home that just as I was passing the store I had this overwhelming craving. I wouldn't look at the store knowing that would have been it. I just wanted to share that bit with you all. Hope all had a good weekend.

Jacy

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 28

Janice, I'm so sorry about your mam. She is lucky to have you. Congrats on your one month. You're an inspiration and your love and strength show. Thank you for your contributions.
          You are a work in progress Nancy, it's good to grow!
          Louise having a plan makes all the difference in our success.
          Good Luck and WTG on day 9 -- I'm at 12, feels good.
          Padme

AF 21, March 2010

"First say to yourself what 
you would be; and then do 
what you have to do."
-Epictetus

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 28

Great job Janice! We will be celebrating with you tomorrow, but not with A. Louise, hope the headaches go away. Nancy, sounds like you are doing well. jacy, great job getting by the store!!!

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 28

Thanks Ducky.

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 28

Hi Janice well done on your achievement.
                I will say a little prayer for your mum.
                Love Paula.

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 28

Thank you all for your kind wishes - you keep me going!! Nancy - well done with the weekdays. Louise, good luck with your dinner tonight. Jacy, the weekends are definitely the worst but it does get better. Padme, day 12 fantastic and Paula thank you. Janicexx
                  AF since 9 May 2012
                  Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 28

Thanks Janice. I knew it would be rough especially Saturday that is when I would drink the most. I just want to say I am happy for you with your success. Good for you; you are truly one of the inspirations here.

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 28

Janice,
                      Sorry about your mam. Wonder how old she is.,??Mine is drunk all the time at age 68 I think. I've only known her 2 years. i was adopted and didn't look her up until later. Turned out the whole family was alcoholic.. Bird

Comment

Newbies in Need Day 28

Janice, so sorry about your Mam, my Mama is very ill as well. Makes our struggle a bit harder, but stay strong!!!!!! She needs you even more now.

Comment

Working...
                        X