AB plunge...day 1.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AB plunge...day 1.

Crashed and burned, I had a holiday coming up and stopped taking them I am sorry to say.
    Well done you though
    Its easier not to start than stop

Comment

AB plunge...day 1.

:l gmc :l

Comment

AB plunge...day 1.

Today is my 60 day AF milestone, and I planned to reward myself with a mani/pedi. Didn't make it though because I got sick after morning yoga class. An adjoining space had been painted over the weekend, and the fumes were apparently strong enough to cause a reaction with my Antabuse.

Nausea and a wicked headache sent me to bed for a few hours, though feeling much better this evening. Anyway, want to share this experience in case it saves someone else. If you're taking AB, avoid breathing in paint fumes!

I'm doing well with the AB otherwise; currently taking 1/4 of a 250 mg tab daily.

Pie

Comment

AB plunge...day 1.

Sorry you had that reaction Pie but it's great that in general the AB is working for you and that it has given you so much AF time. Best wishes

Comment

AB plunge...day 1.

Thanks, Treetops! Yes, the AB is a great tool for me. My only intention for using it is to become free from alcohol once and forever.

Nice of you to stop by!

Comment

AB plunge...day 1.

Pie -
              You are doing great, keep up the good work. I, too, use AB as a tool in my recovery. I've tried to go off of it but it removes the "barrier" and then my mind starts thinking all kinds of things....

Use it as long as you need to. I'm glad it's working for you!

K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

AB plunge...day 1.

Hi K9! And thanks! I'm in no hurry to come off of the Antabuse, though I did recently halve my daily dose. Taking as little as possible appeals to me, but it's gonna be awhile before I give up the safety net.

Glad you popped in!

Comment

Working...
                X