Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books

Can anyone recommend good non drinking books? Ive read a few but I'd like to know if there's an AA book that is geared to women. When you read the Big Book, because it's so old, it often times refers to men being alcoholics and not women.
    AF July 6 2014

Books

christyacc;1680293 wrote: Can anyone recommend good non drinking books? Ive read a few but I'd like to know if there's an AA book that is geared to women. When you read the Big Book, because it's so old, it often times refers to men being alcoholics and not women.
    Allen Carr

Comment

Books

Drinking, A Love Story
      Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Books

I've read so many Christy - I try and educate myself on it all as much as I can.
        I have read the AA book (although it really didn't hold my interest to be quite honest). I read Allen Car's Easy Way to Stop Drinking (many people swear by this book).
        And yes, I agree with MaryLou - Drinking, A Love Story by Caroline Knapp is good.
        Here are some other books that I myself have read and you might just be interested in them (I get mine through Amazon...wayyyy cheaper then if I were to go to the bookstore!). Or you can always see if the library has em.

**Under the Influence: A Guide to the Myths and Realities of Alcoholism by James Milan and Katherine Ketcham**

**Diary of an Alcoholic Housewife by Brenda Wilhelmson**

**Rational Recover: The New Cure for Substance Addiction by Jack Trimpey**

**Sober for Good by Anne Fletcher**

**Seven Weeks to Sobriety by Joan Mathews Larsen**

**Understanding the Alcoholic's Mind: The Nature of Craving and How to Control It by Arnold M. Ludwig**

**7 Tools to Beat Addiction by Stanton Peele**

**The Addictive Personality by Craig Nakken or Nakken Craig one or the other**

These are all books that I have read...I am currently reading a new book that just recently came out called "Drink" by Ann Dowset Johnston - I am only into the first chapter.
        If you want a memoir type thing and geared towards women then for sure this one, the one by Knapp and Brenda Wilhelmson might interest you. Hope this helps. Happy reading.

Bri.

Comment

Books

Hi Christy,

Does the 'Women for sobriety' site/group recommend any books?

Best wishes,

Greg

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Books

Thanks guys! Many I have read but a few I haven't!
            AF July 6 2014

Comment

Working...
            X