Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 15 AF but only just!!

Dear All,
    Last night was the worst night I`ve had for craving a drink so thankgoodness I had the sense on day one to throw mine all down the sink or else it would have been snaffeled (fact) whats worse is today I have the headache from hell but no excuse grrrr.
    I am worring about the weekend after next already as its my partners Birthday bbq and its at our house and I know that apart from the children I shall be the only one who is
    a. without a drink!
    b.miserable and moody without a drink!!
    c.able to stand at the end of the night!!!
    d.not laughing at anything the others find funny after their 14 pints!!!!!!
    so how on earth I`m going to cope with all that temptation I just don`t know. As its our party we`re supplying the drink so its going to be very painful to be walking in the beer and wine aisle collecting it all up and then having it hanging around in the house, I can`t tell my partner I don`t want it there as he doesn`t know that alcohol is such a major problem in my life, also after our last party we had drinks left over which for me was like being let loose in the candy shop for a couple of weeks and I just can`t throw it all away as my partner likes a drink too but hasn`t a problem, so I can see that wagon looming as I don`t think I`m strong enough just yet has anyone any advise on coping in this situation thanks x

Day 15 AF but only just!!

Can you be honest with your partner about what a problem it is for you? I had my husband read the book as a basis for the beginning of the discussion as it seemed easier than trying to explain it all. Maybe he could by the drinks? And not overdo so there is less left? Or Give it away to departing guests? Hang in there and think positive - maybe by then the hypno,etc will have kicked in and you will be perfectly happy without a drink!

Comment

Working...
    X