Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Withdrawal symptoms?

Hey Saint Jude,

Thanks, yes, it is a b*^*^ isn't dealin with some doctors. I am actually quite frustrated at the fact that none of them seem (other than the psych. - who wants me drugged up on lithium) actually cares about withdrawal symptoms and the fact that I'm really concerned about my overall health. NOT ONE has even checked vitals. SO, that said, I wont give up hope, have been monitoring myself (pulse, temp, everything, just to make sure).....I can finally say I'm on DAY 3 AF...exactly 48 hours have past since last drink!! wooohoo! Have a friend that I finally opened up to and he is very supportive....you know everyone is so right about just being honest with this. When I told my friend (guess having made it through the docs) I didn't even cry. Just sort of 'hey, this is whats goin on with me right now, I'm a bit scared, I've got all emergency contact info. ready....you know, scary moments when you know you are alone in a foreign country and if anything ever happened, someones got to call the embassy...eeh! Anyway, discontinued the meds after emerg. visit. Not listening to the doc. He wants me on diazepam, effexor, lithium and something else...quite a potent coctail. So yesterday went fine, I took half a tab of diazepam and that something else that is suppose to aid with detox before bed. Will keep those handy and continue to monitor. The only thing I've noticed is an overall headache and serious sweats. Feelin pretty good, not fantastic....but pretty good

Comment

Withdrawal symptoms?

Just thought of something to make me feel better....with all of the sweats (unbeleivable amount), and that removal of the additional 2000 calories a day beer intake..I will definately be shedding a few pounds.....woohooo! Bring on the sweats!

Comment

Working...
      X