Got to admit its' getting better...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...a little better all the time. It can't get no worse. (John & Paul- thanks for the great verse)

Wow, I am in day 4 of AF and I can hardly believe the difference in just a few short days! So much energy, clearer thinking, great sleeping, no groggy feeling in the AM (the fog has lifted). I am on 25 mg of Topa, sups, and plenty of water. On this last point, yesterday I had a session with my Physio Therapist (like a massage for athletes- I am a competitive road cyclist), and he told me that heavy AL use means that muscle cells, when depleted from a hard workout, fill up with AL vs. water. So, much for having a beer or two after a hard ride! I freaked out- imagine trying to train hard with muscles fueled by AL. What a waste of training time and energy. Don't get me wrong, its' not like I now expect to win next years Le Tour de France, or anything like that, but, at least for me it's one more motivator to remain AF.

thats knowledge you can use okeron when you think one beer cant hurt. well done on 4 days!

Comment

Yes, well done with your 4 days okeron!! Cool. I often wondered about exercise and overdoing it with AL. I have always been into exercise, but since I have stopped drinking I notice my muscle tone improving without any extra effort on my part. Imagine that!
      (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Congratulations on 4 days AF Okeron. That is a huge achievement!

Interesting about booze and muscle cells. I am a runner, though not really competitive.

Keep it going.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
        X