Sick and tired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick and tired

Friday is only another day ending with a Y PP. I found once i did everyday of the week then it became easier. I was on here all weekend to get through that al brain telling me to drink and watched a lot of doco's on alcoholism. Everyday can be a challenge if you let it, if you accept that you can never drink again it is much easier to deal with. I may be at 8 months sober but everyday i tell myself "i will not drink today". Its a rocky road but its a wonderful journey finding yourself again.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Sick and tired

Pinkpoppy;1695169 wrote: I feel very thankful for the warm welcomes, sensible helpful tips and encouragement here from you ALL :h Thank you for all your replies - I have taken everything on board and it has helped - from writing lists, removing myself from temptation, to popping into the newbies nest. Okay I am only on night 3 AF (Friday will be a good test!) but so far I have been able to resist and brew a nice tea instead. I felt tired today but had an undeniably good feel attitude today, and I had an amazing sleep last night with lovely dreams. I guess the next challenge will be Friday night! I will be strong! Thanks again :h
      BIB take that 'only' out, it doesnt belong there.

youre doing well poppy, being aware that friday could be a problem is good. get your af drinks in, food, sugar, films, anything that will help you through. remember, it might be hard so dont be surprised if it is, think of how you will feel in the morning, whichever way you go.

Comment

Sick and tired

Yes do take that "only"out,any day without poison is an achievement PinkPoppy,good job on day 3
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sick and tired

Welcome PinkPoppy!
          You've gotten a lot of good advice so far I'd say! Listen to it and believe that this CAN be done. Like Matt said, make the decision to not drink again "no matter what", and also add "no matter WHO" in there as well. Nothing and nobody is worth giving up your sobriety for! Hang in there, you CAN do this!
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Sick and tired

Welcome Poppy! Lots of great Advice from All! I'm using some/all of it as i begin my journey into my 2 day AF.. I am afraid of Friday also, the weekends are always scary.. I know Friday we have Football practice and then after that maybe Friendlys for dinner and ice cream, Saturday kids and I are going back to school shopping ( supplies and clothes) , If I am able to on Sunday , run up the road to a water park in PA.. maybe even stay over night.. Plan in place for weekend, now if i can get thru the week and get there! We have football practice every night of the week until school starts then 3 nights a week, so that helps me stay out of trouble See you on the Newbies Nest !

Comment

Working...
            X