Hi there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there

I am a newbie as I am sure you know. I am not ready to go into the details of my life yet but do want to read other peoples experiences. Is that selfish? I hope not. In time I will be able to tell my story, in the meanwhile I will probably ask more questions than tell you about my problems if that is okay. Thank you

:new: :thanks:

Hi there

Hi NWE, and welcome. I'm sure that no one will mind if you read here. This is not a site that has any rules for use beyond good manners. I think a lot of folks end up using it like you described, asking questions on specific topics. The Toolbox thread contains loads of concrete strategies people are using to quit drinking. The newbies nest is the most active thread for support. Ask away!
    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Hi there

Nowornever....I lurked on these boards maybe a month before my first post..I think many people do. And the more you read here, the more you will find some common elements to your own story..there are some very common overlapping themes......hope something here helps make a difference in your life..and welcome :welcome:
      “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Hi there

Welcome Nowornever! This is a great place to just read around (and there's so much to read!), and I don't think that's selfish at all. I've only been on here a week or so myself and continue to be amazed at how supportive and helpful everyone is with questions and just being here to talk. However the forums help you, I'm glad you wandered in.
        I am stubborn as a pig - but changing what I'm being stubborn about!

Cigarette Free On: 9/23/2014
        AF on: 8/12/2014

Comment

Hi there

Welcome to mwo.
          Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Hi there

Welcome to mwo.
            Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Working...
            X